Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Django Unchained. (may eventually contain spoilers, but not in the OP)
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Awesome film. I’m not usually a fan of Tarantino’s films but that one is an absolute belter.

That is all.

whattyre
    Free Member

Good off to c it soonish

Bregante

Going tomorrow night. Looking forward to it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whatnobeer
    Free Member

Quality. Not as much explicit violence as I thought there might be either. Standard Tarantino trick of letting you imagine most of it yourself. Mucho fun.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I saw it last night. Wasn’t that impressed by the advert that i saw beforehand, but it was an absolutely amazing film! one of the best, if not the best film I’ve ever seen!

scary_carey
    Free Member

Amazing movie. Captivating performances performed by all.

glupton1976
    Free Member

It definitely rivals Shawshank as the best movie I’ve seen.

johndoh
    Free Member

Whooa! That is a claim! I do need to see it soon.

grievoustim
    Free Member

It’s amazing – gunfights are some of the best ever. Seemed to be almost raining blood at one point!

Very funny too. It’s his best film since Jackie Brown

johndoh
    Free Member

Jackie Brown was shit though.

nealglover
    Free Member

Jackie Brown was shit though.

I thought so too.

But strangely, some friends who I normally agree with about films, all seemed to love it !?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If it keeps getting all these good reviews, I may have to break one of my life rules and go to the cinema to see a Tarantino film. (tbf it is being received very well, possibly his best in the 21st century?)

iridebikes
    Free Member

I just saw it and loved it. Especially the bit with the aliens…

CountZero

Looking forward to seeing it. I rather like Tarantino’s films, and to my utter astonishment, Tookey, the Daily Wail’s movie critic rated it highly as well! Wonders will never cease… 😯

will
    Free Member

Really really enjoyed it, new favourite film!! Some excellent scenes, some were quite funny too. Think I’ll go and see it again on Wednesday!

stewartc
    Free Member

Saw it last week and really enjoyed it though its maybe 30 minutes too long with some good cameos and some bad.
    Agree about the alien bit as well, very Life of Brian, oh, and Samuel Jackson is a tadge creepy…..

the_lecht_rocks

What alien bit……..?

stewartc
    Free Member

tlr – Jokey spoiler, don’t panic you didn’t miss anything if you have just seen it!

anagallis_arvensis

Is there a big **** gun in a coffin?

sausagefingers
    Free Member

excellent film with some very funny scenes (pmsl at the hooded lynch mob)

**not a spoiler** but what was the score with the female bandit?

hora
    Free Member

Oh I heard a review and it sounds alot like Dusk til Dawn. Excellent first half. Not bad second but shouldnt be attached to the first 🙁

glupton1976
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sz9v6080_g[/video]

Top quality soundtrack too.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Incredible performance by Christoph Waltz, steals the show.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Ive always had mixed reactions to Tarantino’s films. Some films were amazing (jackie brown, inglorious b’s or awful, death proof, killbill 2.
    With django, half of its great, half of it pointless tarantino waffling dialogue, couldnt wait for it to end. Could do with being at least 40min shorter.

drlex
    Free Member

Sausage fingers,
    If you mean the woman with the bandana over her face, I reckon the salient scene was cut.

***SPOILER***

As to violence, whilst the shooting was comedy stuff (accuracy & blood-letting; trajectory of Candie’s sister), the Mandingo fighting was uncomfortable. At the dinner table, that hammer looked to bend after use – prop failure?

***END SPOILER***

sausagefingers
    Free Member

thanks drlex,i figured her story/scenes may have ended up on the editing suite floor

agree with schrickvr6 – christoph waltz is fantastic in this just as he is in inglorious basterds

johnners
    Free Member

Django was about an hour too long but as least it was better than that trainwreck Inglourious Basterds.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Christoph Waltz, steals the show.

Hes making a habit of that.

anagallis_arvensis

but is there a gun in a coffin?

stanfree
    Free Member

I hate to say I wasn’t blown away by It , Its good dont get me wrong but the constant overbearing use of the ‘N’ word just seemed over the top. Before anyone points out its a movie about slavery , I know that but seems like Tarantino has overdone to get a talking point.
    That said great performances from just about everyone In it and Sam Jacksons character must be about the most loathsome ever.
    Good but not that good. On the flipside I watched ‘Argo’ and though it was brilliant.

thehustler
    Free Member

bit of an homage or just cant do an original character?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Good but not that good. On the flipside I watched ‘Argo’ and though it was brilliant.

See, I thought Argo was just about one of the worst films I’ve ever seen. Didnt seem to go anywhere plot wise – all filler no killer so to speak.

Blower
    Free Member

Good film, a little too long, Tarantino films are good

but not the best of all time by a long shot lol,too much out there far superior to this.

DezB
    Free Member

Saw it last night (I know, 2 days late!) but loved it.
    Best thing about it wasn’t the violence, homages to Leone, but just how damn FUNNY it is. So many laugh out loud moments… especially the “KKK” posse (without giving anything away!).

vintagewino
    Free Member

I thought the funny bits misfired a bit and Tarantino’s cameo was rubbish, totally broke the tension. I was also wondering about the girl in the bandana. Handshake scene was the highlight, mexican standoff! Overall a really good film.

DezB
    Free Member

Tarantino’s cameo was rubbish

Yeah, that whole scene was a bit out of place. But still, who cares? At least it wasn’t James shitty Bond.

will
    Free Member

Saw it again last night. The bag/KKK scene was even better 😆

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Saw it last night, what a film. Some very funny bits in it too. Some great acting and some bad acting. Have to go see it again, I must have missed so much.

jota180
    Free Member

Pretty good, standard Tarartino fare

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Great Tarantino flick. My only criticism is that I didn’t the think the final 20 minutes was necessary. It felt like ‘super special never before seen bonus footage’. Brilliant other than that and Christoph Waltz, as always, was sublime.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Django Unchained. (may eventually contain spoilers, but not in the OP)’ is closed to new replies.