Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • DJ Chris Evans £5.6m Ferrari?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have no savings and maybe many thousands of pounds worth of bikes

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Even in reverse, Steve McQueen is the epitome of cool. James Martin take note.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Well said Hora, I think a lot of people like to knock him, as for talentless; he’s head and shoulders above the other presenters (past and present) of the one show and most other TV shows. His radio show again, for light entertainment, is ahead of the competition imho.

And to allow his cars to be used the way he does I think deserves a lot of respect.

jota180
    Free Member

I find Evans a jibbering repetitive talentless twerp.

Talentless people don’t generally end up going from nothing to his current wealth without inheriting it or winning the lottery

You may not like him, but talentless he is not.

hora
    Free Member

You may not like him, but talentless he is not.

Amen. I don’t listen to his radio show. However on the One show etc – it just seems to come across as a likeable bloke. From what I gather hes had a tough upbringing as well. Why bemoan someone who used his intellect, personality and drive to make it yet still come across as down to earth?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m too embarrassed to tell people the value of my bicycle.

How on earth do you survive in a trail centre car park?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Of course he had a tough upbringing… He’s ginger

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

A speccy one too…

grum
    Free Member

Used to find him very irritating but quite like him on the radio now – clearly a smart guy and has earned his money. Being a card carrying Guardianista though I find the idea of anyone spending that much on a car when there’s people out there starving a little bit obscene.

Houns

Too many people in this world though and not enough nice cars

hora
    Free Member

I find the idea of anyone spending that much on a car when there’s people out there starving a little bit obscene.

He worked hard and pays his way.

In the countries where people starve the rich get rich by hook, crook and killing people. Don’t blame one man when there are many culpable people in this world.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

As a car collection, I find the line up of Ferraris really unimaginative and rather vulgar.

I knew a chap who had an amazing collection of vintage Sunbeams and Talbots, Lanchesters and an outrageous fabric bodied straight eight Daimler. He’d managed to build up a collection of original, unrestored cars full of character with modest means. His everyday wheels? a Citroen CX estate car.

Another collector with huge appeal was the late Alan Clark, he had everything from Silver Ghosts, through C and D types, 50s Bentleys, convertible DSs to 2CVs.

I can highly recommend Alan Clark’s Back Fire to all petrolheads

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is he Horas dad?

He was a lothario who chased anything in a skirt – Clark that is

mefty
    Free Member

Alan Clarke was certainly an eccentric collector/trader, you probably also like him because he had a large woodpile at his chalet in Zermatt but in many ways the most different collection I am aware of was an old colleague of mine who had a large collection (30-40) of what I can only describe as everyman cars, such as Simcas, Austins (the bad ones), Wolseys, Trabants – you name an unappreciated model and he would get excited about it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I remember seeing Alan Clark tearing around Saltwood on his lawnmower. He mowed like someone on a hot lap on the Nurburgring

Alan Clark: The Thinking Man’s Enthusiast

stucol
    Free Member

Two pages vaguely related to a Ferrari 250 GT California and no one has said it yet.

Ahem….

SAVE FERRIS.

Thank You.

Northwind

dirtyrider – Member

bet plenty on here have 2/3k bikes and don’t have 2/3k in the bank,
    Ah, the rare valid point.

Bear
    Free Member

McMoonter are you local to Saltwood then? And did he not live in Hythe not Saltwood, they are a picky lot there you know….

mefty
    Free Member

McMooonter – that article strikes a chord, I would express it slightly differently, when I used to drive the Healey on hols, the holiday started when you got into the car. With a modern car, it starts when you arrive. I would make a similar distinction when starting a holiday by train or plane.

munrobiker
    Free Member

My bikes are worth 1600% of my savings.

Who’s stupider with the money they spend on their passions? Me, or Evans?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Don’t forget – no capital gains tax payable on vintage cars!

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Fair play to him. I’ve always dreamed of a collection like that (F40 and 288 GTO) and would definately have them if the funds allowed. Though I would kill anyone who tried to spray them white. Rosso Barchetta all the way.

Anyone who thinks Evans’ collection is ostentatious or ott, really should avoid looking at Jay Leno’s garage.

cynic-al
    Free Member

That docu where Martin cries is pure GOLD.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘DJ Chris Evans £5.6m Ferrari?’ is closed to new replies.