Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • DJ Chris Evans £5.6m Ferrari?
  • s
    Free Member

From TG last night.

£5.6m seems a mad price to pay for a car?

Granted, it was a nice looking car, but, I mean, would you, if you could that is, spend that sort of money on a car?

😕

scuzz
    Free Member

If I had an additional £5.6m to spend on running it, sure.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I wonder what the depreciation is on one of the rarest and most desirable cars in the world?

s
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

I wonder what the depreciation is on one of the rarest and most desirable cars in the world?

& would you let James May drive it? lol

rootes1

question is whether he will get it re painted white to match the Ferrari’s..

mustard
    Free Member

question is whether he will get it re painted white to match the Ferrari’s

I thought it being black was perhaps a deliberate contrast giving it had it’s own room an all.

kaesae
    Free Member

Has he gotten his teeth fixed yet?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d like to see his car insurance bill 😯

rootes1

could be. Nice to have a big sofa in the garage as well.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Non-existant. Rare supercars are a pretty sound investment (if you have a spare few million lying around)

🙂

s
    Free Member

Did he not let a group of the public drive his collection for a charity auction?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Rare supercars are a pretty sound investment (if you have a spare few million lying around.

Now it all makes sense 😐

titusrider
    Free Member

I’ve seen the car up close at brooklands where he rocked up with it.

the black paint is actually in pretty poor nick, bubbles and cracks etc, but it really adds to the patina of the car and i bet if he painted it it would halve in value!

tyger
    Free Member

From TG also – does Slash wear a wig? Footage from his lap showed an amazing disappearing trick LOL !

footflaps

He gives a drive in it (and 6 other magnificent cars) away as a charity prize on his R2 show every year – you get to drive all 7 the day before Goodwood Festival of Speed.

D0NK

Rare supercars are a pretty sound investment

unless you wrap it round a lamp post 🙂

mrflaky
    Free Member

If I had the money, damn right I would spend that much on a car, and a huge amount more!

Could very easily do fifty million on a half dozen cars.

s
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

He gives a drive in it (and 6 other magnificent cars) away as a charity prize on his R2 show every year – you get to drive all 7 the day before Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Thats the one, thanks footflaps, quite an amazing thing to do, can not seem many other car collectors doing the same.

s4rpf
    Free Member

its a lot cheaper than the 250 GTO he bought for 12 million.
    And at least he lets the public see his cars. instead of being locked away never to see the light of day again.

mefty
    Free Member

He offered a similar opportunity as part of a charity auction lot at a function I was at recently.

spence
    Free Member

I believe he had to sell the California (and a few others) to fund the 250GTO. Lost money apparently due to the engine not being original, something those in the know didn’t tell him when he bought it but just watched on. Pit falls of auctions, at any level.

warton
    Free Member

i never really understood where all his money comes from. he got 225 million for selling virgin, but it cost him 90 to buy (which I doubt he had lying about, so he would of had to borrow) he must have 10 million worth of cars at least( does he still have the GTO? if so make that 20 million), by all accounts he has £45 million in the bank.

If I had 50 million I wouldn’t spend 20% of it on cars, would you?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why not? He’s probably got all the houses he needs/other business interests and £45m in the bank and the cars ‘should’ also go up in value over a longer period of time.
    Plus he’s still earning.
    A friend of mine spent £2.5m on a boat last year (less than 20% of his worth he said) – and he’s a smart puppy.

butcher

You can look at this in many, many ways.

Whilst it’s a large chunk of a large sum of money, it still leaves you with extraordinary wealth that only a tiny minority of people will ever achieve.

What’s there to worry about? That’s another way of looking at it. If you like cars, then why not.

Personally I wouldn’t. But that’s just me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

i never really understood where all his money comes from

If I had 50 million I wouldn’t spend 20% of it on cars

I’m guessing that Evans knows what an investment is better than the average guy.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s his passion, he’s loaded; why not?
    I’m too embarrassed to tell people the value of my bicycle.
    An items’ value is so often unique to an individual.

allyharp

He also has a 250 GTO which cost him £12 million – surprised they didn’t show that in the Top Gear clip (unless he has sold it on the quiet?).

The thing with these cars is that they only really seem to go up in value, and I’m sure they’re a heck of a lot more enjoyable to hold than other investments. If I had mega bucks I’d happily spend on a fleet of rare classic cars.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Nice to see it driven around Windsor Great Park & Virginia Water, I often do training laps/runs there, it’s a lovely location.

I too wonder just how much money he could have left, having read his autobiography I was under the impression he was down to spare change (several mill?) having made several poor financial decisions over the years.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

What makes me laugh is the belief that buying James Coburn’s Ferrari will confer some of his character upon its new owner. I find Evans a jibbering repetitive talentless twerp.

scud
    Free Member

I had a flick through on of my father in laws classic car mags and he seems to have sold a load of cars recently about 6 cars in the classifieds were listed as being ex-Chris Evans.

It is easy to knock the guy, but Radio 2 seemed really dull in the morning when he was off and they had other presenters like Richard Madeley doing it, he does seem to at least know that he is in a fortunate position and does a lot for charity.

I think that a lot of his money comes from his production company, which I may be wrong is called Ginger Productions and does a lot of shows including The One Show

mos

When he bought virgin, his investors insisted that he had to fund a small portion of it himself, thereby putting himself at some sort of personal financial risk as well. Then, when he sold, his inverstors got their money back & he porked Billy Piper. Or something like that.

br
    Free Member

I’d like to see his car insurance bill

Self-insured I would guess, with just TP paid for.

rootes1

I think that a lot of his money comes from his production company, which I may be wrong is called Ginger Productions and does a lot of shows including The One Show

and that toothbrush prog than was syndicated to most countries in the world etc etc

good on him – i mean he is still a ginger 😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

I may be wrong, but I thought Ginger Productions was also sold? Either that or it was worthless after the ideas dried up and he plugged a couple of howlers. Chris Moyles being one of said howlers.

konabunny
    Free Member

But you’d still have 40 million left afterwards. You could stick it in the Post Office and still live off the 1.3m interest pa.

If I had a grand, I wouldn’t spend 20% of it on cars.

Jamie
    Free Member

On the subject of fancy old cars, this was parked up at the pub I was in yesterday. I do not know anything about cars, but assume it must be worth a bit.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

bet plenty on here have 2/3k bikes and don’t have 2/3k in the bank,

hora
    Free Member

You know, watching Chris Evans last night made me like and respect the fella even more. Not because he has alot of ‘lolly but because of his passion for cars, the fact he let someone take the car out on a obviously damp day. He wants to share his passion. Some would see it as ‘advertise his wealth’. I don’t think he gives a **** about looking loaded.

Edit. I’ve just seen this comment

I’m too embarrassed to tell people the value of my bicycle.
    An items’ value is so often unique to an individual.

So very true.

Harry_the_Spider

Even if you don’t like Evans (and I do) he will never be the biggest prat with an expensive car whilst James Martin is still wasting oxygen.

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Regarding people who have questioned whether they’d spend 20% of their savings on cars…

Take a look at your bikes. In a lot of cases I’d guess that you’ve spent a damn sight more than 20% of your savings on them and you’ll get a damn sight less back in return, when you come to sell them.

Just saying 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘DJ Chris Evans £5.6m Ferrari?’ is closed to new replies.