Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Dizzy/faint after ride?
  • fattatlasses
    Free Member

Driving back from an afternoon at a trail centre yesterday, I suddenly felt really faint, and thought I was going to black out at the wheel. Luckily, I was able to stop safely and my OH took over driving.

I put it down to having a bit of a cold bug lingering, and/or low blood sugar/dehydration (after sessioning the last section of trail 2 or 3 times quite fast & hard). I was just very surprised at how quick the ‘funny turn’ came on – within 1 or 2 seconds of feeling absolutely fine. When we stopped, I scoffed down an energy bar,stuck my head out of the window and felt OK (er…not as good as before, but not dizzy or sick feeling).

Never had anything like this before in almost 40 years of riding, and I’m wondering whether it’s worth a trip to my GP? What do ya reckon?

p.s. didn’t feel particularly starving hungry or thirsty, as I’d had usual food & water during & after ride.

emsz
    Free Member

I think you were right with low blood sugar thingy. If you were sweating loads then it’s easy to dehydrate pretty fast

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m wondering if dehydration was part of it. As we were only anticipating riding for a couple, or maybe three, hours max., we’d only filled the 3L camelbak reservoirs half full – but we’d both had a cuppa and bottle of water at the cafe when we finished – so, not sure 😐

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Dizzy/faint after ride?’ is closed to new replies.