Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Diy-kitchens.com – appliances too?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Fairly close to ordering kitchen units from diy kitchens (following strong recommendations on a thread on here). Is it worth getting appliances through them too, or am i better off shopping around do you reckon?

I know magnet and the like are worth pestering for a discount, but does the same apply with these guys too?

I’m assuming I’m better off getting a worktop elsewhere too- given they usually need cutting once the units are in place – I’d rather see them in person I think…

It’s very confusing buying a kitchen if you’ve never done it before, and have absolutely no eye for design!

Liftman

Get appliances elsewhere, check if any of the big manufacturers have any deals on.

Depending on what type of worktop you are after they may be cheaper onine elsewhere, we wanted wood worktops and diy kitchens weren’t the best price.

Diy kitchens do good units, ours is approx 4 years old still looks new. Note they come pre built which saves you work but depending on how many units you are getting they take up a chunk of space until you get them fitted.

dooosuk
    Free Member

We got our quartz worktops from them as well. They sent samples out and randomly one was from a company down the road so we spoke with them direct. They said they wouldn’t be able to get close to the price DIY Kitchens were quoting and to order through DIY. So we did.

After the units were fitted, the local company came out and laser measured everything for the work tops and came back a few days later to fit them.

robbie
    Free Member

i got my appliances from diy kitchens too as i couldnt find cheaper. plus when u buy a certain amount of apliances from them you get a discount.
    check out worktop express for worktops they are cheaper than diy kitchens thats where i got my oak ones from.
    im sure that is where diy get theirs from ?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Thanks all. Guess once I’ve sorted my units I’ll have a look at appliances – kinda need to get my unit order in this week, but v stretched for time outside of work, so I might just wiry about appliances later and go from there :-/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Diy-kitchens.com – appliances too?’ is closed to new replies.