Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DIY change of title deed from Tenants in Common to sole owner (no cash)
  • walla24
    Free Member

I am tenant in common with my partner on a house but would like to put it all in her name (yes I do trust her and realise the potential rammifications).
    No mortgage and no cash changing hands.

Has anyone done this themselves with the forms available from land registry? Any tips?

bear-uk
    Free Member

I tried and gave up in the end. You may need a valuation report and I think you also need a solicitor to verify your legal status to carry out the transfer. There are lots of forms to download and I was also trying to register the house with the land registry. In the end I decided there was too much at stake to cock it up and it didn’t cost that much anyway from a small independent solicitor.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple of property transfers DIY. Was all pretty painless. Just need the right forms and both parties to go to the land registry together with ID. Fee was £40 for a transfer. Took about an hour. If you want to do it by post then you will need a solicitor to verify your ID, IMO its worth going to the local land registry office to avoid this. Not sure about your specific change but I’d give them a call, they can be pretty helpful. The guy I was buying from had just done a similar change to you by adding his wife to the deeds (to reduce capital gains tax from the sale) and he did it all himself at the same office. He was in his 80s and managed it 🙂

walla24
    Free Member

TR1
    AP1
    ID1 for each party
    £80 fee and appointment at the office

Very very helpful on the phone are the land registry!

Cheers

Dickyboy

Book marked for later 👍

jonno101
    Free Member

We have just done transfer of title but had to use Solicitor at cost of £750. We have a mortgage and bank said must use a solicitor! Maybe if no bank involved can do it yourself and save a few £££

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DIY change of title deed from Tenants in Common to sole owner (no cash)’ is closed to new replies.