Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DIY bikefit on a turbo !
  • scaredypants

Just set up the road bike on my turbo (found it under a big pile of stuff, felt a tiny bit guilty) and had a brief pedal.

While on it, spotted an old mirror in the opposite corner

Set that up and found 2 things:

1) Damn! – I’m purdy
    2) Saddle seems to be a genuine inch too low

(I sort of deliberately had my saddle low at the start of this year because I had a poorly calf – seems I forgot, or maybe it has slipped)

Currently 3/4 inch higher as I chickened out of the full 1″

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you’re interested in this sort of thing check out the BikeFastFit iOS app.

scaredypants

Cheers MrB, can’t say I’m very big on this stuff but might become interested if I smash the local strava scene to pieces next time I’m out for a bimble

hypnotoad
    Free Member

You can also do this without a turbo, if you ride past a building which is mostly glass it acts like a mirror.

andysredmini
    Free Member

When I first put my road bike on the turbo the saddle felt too low. I raised it and forgot about it until I used the bike on the road again. It instantly felt too high and I had to stop and lower it. It wasn’t much out but just felt wrong.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I find the turbo’s great for finding weaknesses in fit, if something’s not perfect then 30min on the turbo sitting in the same position finds it. Same with saddles, I had the same one for years, then got a turbo and went through about 6, now there’s no discomfort at all over 100miles.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DIY bikefit on a turbo !’ is closed to new replies.