Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • DIY after work. The next project…
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Like most other projects in our house (according to mrsws) it will no doubt remain 10% unfinished and as normal I wait till autumn/winter to start. But sod it lets go!

Prep for big summerhouse/cave/shed. Currently looks like a scene from a shameless episode out in the garden!

bazzer
    Free Member

Interested in this keep up the posting 🙂

Sandwich

Has anyone seen Mrs WS since this picture was taken?

stumpy01

Hilarious! I love all these ‘DIY’ projects.

I put a roller blind up in the bathroom at the weekend and was really pleased with myself…..then  I come on here and people are basically tearing their garden up & building new structures. 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

2/3 of that is already decked, that will form 2/3 of the base, the area to the left has got to be extended, a cheeky 54m3 of concrete is on order at work tomorrow so a tub will be winging its way to chez wrighty to concrete a couple of basic strip founds. Got to strip the deck back a bit to check for any rotten bearers and then hopefully good to go.

the-muffin-man

…and the neighbours thought their winter evenings would be nice and quiet! 🙂

senorj

“Hilarious! I love all these ‘DIY’ projects.”

me too  – link to the “am i inadequate?” thread….

Nice one O.P. looks like Stalag14.

Marin
    Free Member

New Year, knocking internal wall done, new kitchen, flooring, re decorating complete bungalow, taking out old brick fireplace, removing half of front wall to widen drive, lifting all flags from garden and re-turfing but most importantly sorting the garage out. Something to look forward to.

DT78
    Free Member

Any plans or diagrams of what its going to look like?

Summer house is on my to do list, replacing rotting falling down shed.  But prob not till 2020 given the list of other jobs I have to do.  Still plenty of time for me to work on ideas

Currently I’m thinking a covered porch bit, glazed summer housey bit and a semi secret/hidden store bit which could fit my asgard in

trail_rat
    Free Member

My current DIY project is slowing down the rate of leakage on the land rover .

Engines out and I’m resealing all the external seals that have been leaking.

It stops me vegging Infront of the telly on the nights when I’m not riding…..

rene59
    Free Member

Your garden looks like it’s on the edge of the abyss, be careful out there.

windydave13
    Free Member

Looks very similar to the bottom of my garden where i plan to exten the garage so its of useable size, instead its stacked with bits of sandstone i keep digging out the garden elsewhere

wrightyson
    Free Member

Your garden looks like it’s on the edge of the abyss, be careful out there

We back on to beautiful open fields (green belt) but there’s a planning ap gone in so that was the catalyst to get it started before any of that starts. We’ll see what the appeal brings….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Big clean up last night double handling every barrow of muck, over the garden wall in to another barrow then in to the skip which was fun, quickly dug a couple of strip founds also.

This morning the concrete fairies have visited with some borrowed concrete 😉

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Big clean up last night double handling every barrow of muck, over the garden wall in to another barrow then in to the skip which was fun

Er why don’t you just dump it over the fence ? No ones gonna know and if its going to built on then no harm done !

wrightyson
    Free Member

Things have moved on quite a bit. Gone for the “industrial look” inside

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘DIY after work. The next project…’ is closed to new replies.