• This topic has 64 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • disturbing neighbor action
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

The guy in the downstairs/garden flat is belting out music very loudly and ranting all over the shop, shouting about “No one will defy him” and “c’mon you ****ers”

Not very nice to be fair, was I right to ring the Police to sort it out as I really don’t fancy confronting him myself, he’s a tree surgeon soa bit burly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does he have any shoes?
    Do you have a full bladder?

MoreCashThanDash

Was the shouting before or after the Police arrived?

LHS
    Free Member

Shout louder and act more unhinged. See if you can out-crazy him?

steve_b77
    Free Member

The Police haven’t been yet and he’s still shouting, not nice at all 😕

steve_b77
    Free Member

@ LHS, no chance I’m too pleasant

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Buy him a bonsai tree and ask him to be quiet?

Or get him in a headlock.

druidh
    Free Member

Do you live in Tripoli?

yunki
    Free Member

he needs a cuddle

iDave
    Free Member

just wait till he finds out that you called the police…. 😯

carlos
    Free Member

lol @ idave, but he’s right

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    Do you live in Tripoli?

Nah, far worse….West London.

emma82
    Free Member

You did the right thing calling the police, he might need some serious help although saying that they’ll probably do nothing.

We used to live above a right weirdo and logged a few complaints, I was sat on the wall by the flats waiting for a bus one day, the police had been to see him and were just leaving and I heard the one say ‘poor chap, I think he’s just being picked on by the look of it’. They took a bit more notice a few weeks later when my other half came home from work one night and found a very drunk, nearly naked female minor slumped on the steps as she and some other very young people had been ‘entertained’ by him for the afternoon/evening. He went quite quiet after that but also we moved out pretty sharpish so don’t know what happened to him.

iDave
    Free Member

I was going to write a lengthy post, but the police are knocking loudly on my door. Bloody do gooders….

carlos
    Free Member

Fingers crossed it is the Police.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Still no police action, it’s been 45 mins since I called them, didn’t realise London was that big 😆

Just want the annoying so & so shutting up as I need to get to bed, been up since 3am

druidh
    Free Member

Call them and say you think you saw him with a gun.

steve_b77
    Free Member

or a gun shaped object, they’d have the whole place surrounded in 30 seconds

coolhandluke
    Free Member

tell the police you heard him asking where he could get large amounts of fertilizer and sugar from round here.

Mog
    Free Member

Call them and tell them his car’s parked on double yellows with no tax.

Russell96

Does he bring his work tools home with him? thinking that through have you thought of who would take care of your Nicolai, first dibs :mrgreen:

steve_b77
    Free Member

Thats miles away at my country residence 😆

Apparently the Police can’t make him turn his music down or stop him shouting & ranting, WTF is that all about 😈

cranberry
    Free Member

So you called the police and told them a burly bloke who may have access to a chainsaw/other sharp things is kicking off and wants to give someone a doing.

Perhaps they might be more likely to come running if you had claimed that he had over ordered at the doughnut shop?

iDave
    Free Member

the Police can’t make him turn his music down or stop him shouting & ranting

phone his Mum then

steve_b77
    Free Member

she says she can’t deal with him either 🙄

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Don’t they still make Bombers????

steve_b77
    Free Member

He’s playing fekkin Robbie Williams now

steve_b77
    Free Member

@ CK, mine are at Home 😳

Russell96

He didn’t get a letter under the door today did he? maybe he’s just getting into practise for when the estate agents turn up.

Kahurangi

Apparently the Police can’t make him turn his music down or stop him shouting & ranting, WTF is that all about

Being a member of the ‘My ex was mental’ club (no, it wasn’t a funny club) the police nor mental health teams can’t act unless he poses a danger to himself or other people.

Try and phone/talk to the Mental Health Crisis Team possibly.

/this is all IME, IANA mental health expert, etc. etc.

TJ to the forum! TJ to the … oh wait.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Police can’t section him if he is in a private place for starters. Can ask him to turn his music down but struggle if he doesn’t that is for environmental health I am afraid.

MrOvershoot

Chuck some burning material into the garden, phone the police & fire brigade saying he has a can of petrol.

Has worked for me in the past.

BTW I don’t agree with wasting the emergency services time, but occasional you need to introduce a catalyst.

Rich_s

Has worked for me in the past.

Yeah, and you’ve had more than your fair share of psychotic neighbours too! Was it you who grassed up poor old Fred? 😉

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Tree Surgeon is he oh dear….be afraid

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Another reason to live in scotland – the police and council folk have the power to get these people to shut up and are really quite happy to use it.

Neil-F
    Free Member

tree surgeon eh? You’ll need to call Special Branch.

Anyone seen my coat? 😀

enfht
    Free Member

Your London borough will have their version of a Noise Abatement Officer/Environmental Enforcer who can be contacted 24/7. If your neighbour is shouting and making a nuisance you can legitimately call them, if they arrive and he’s mental they’ll ring the fuzz and it’ll add more weight. Lots of shouty nut jobs in London which is why I moved (too much competition). HTH

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Tree surgeon friend not making himself very Poplar? As Yew have already rang the police I would hang around and Cedar outcome from a safe distance. 😳

uphillcursing
    Free Member

In times gone past they might have given him the Birch!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Neil F – Member

tree surgeon eh? You’ll need to call Special Branch.

Anyone seen my coat?

Wood have thought He’ll twig who called them, and then he’ll bark at you to get knotted… I’d leaf it alone if I were yew.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘disturbing neighbor action’ is closed to new replies.