Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Disposing of bagged dog poo….is this right?
  • rockhopper70

So I saw this chap today pushing a bag of dog poo through the grate of a drain at the side of the road.
    This was a relatively built up area with litter bins within 150yd of where he was.
    It looked wrong, is it?
    If it’s ok, it’s a fairly neat trick to avoid carrying the bag around until a bin is found as there are certainly more drains than bins along the roads.
    Oh, and apologies for raising this near tea-time. :mrgreen:

gravitysucks
    Free Member

plastic or paper?

Jamie
    Free Member

No it’s not right.

Next time rub his face in it, to let him know as much.

meehaja
    Free Member

It’ll block the drain, but its someone else’s problem now. I believe the correct protocol is to hang it in trees.

rockhopper70

Looked a plastic bag although I was driving past.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I call Troll.

Too obvious.

Jamie
    Free Member

I call Troll.

Why would a troll put dog poo down the drain?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I got my hackles up and was about to spout off about bagged dog-poo being abandoned. Then realised there was no need.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Train the dog to poop directly into the drain?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I thought it was correct to hang it in a tree?

rockhopper70

No troll.
    Genuinely spotted this today.
    He was using the toe of his shoe to push it through.

wwaswas

biggest issue is that water from storm drains tends not to get much treatment before being discharged into the sea/local rivers 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

biggest issue is that people keep dogs water from storm drains tends not to get much treatment before being discharged into the sea/local rivers

FTFY

ir_bandito
    Free Member

It looked wrong, is it?

Lack of common sense question?
    Take a poo that would otherwise eventually rot away to nothing.
    Seal it in a plastic bag that will take years to degrade.
    Throw it away in a public place.

C’mon. Do you really have to question it?
    Hence Troll

wwaswas

maybe they were using biodegradable poo bags and thought it was ok to put them through the sewerage system?

Jamie
    Free Member

Personally, I think all dog owners should be put in bags and kicked in the drains.

infidel
    Free Member

You can buy dog poo bags made of the stuff that dishwasher liquibag things are made of – they are designed to be flushed and dissolve rapidly. I know this as I bought some for our dog just in case though I’ve not needed them to date. Maybe he was using one?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Still possible it could block the drains, flow rate through road drains is spiky, it’s all there or not, so its likely to cause issues either way.

Quite frankly it’s just lazy and stupid.

yossarian
    Free Member

How do you know it was dog poo? Did you witness the excretion?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The fella 2 doors down takes his dogs out for a walk and always returns within 5-10 minutes. He NEVER returns with the poo-bags, but short of following him I’ve no idea what he does with the stuff. I suspect he just lets his dogs crap on he path.

Any suggestions?

donsimon
    Free Member

Any suggestions?

Follow him so you can be 100% sure instead of speculating.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Any suggestions?

Crush a couple of aspirins mix with a tin of corned beef and treat his dogs.

Del

there are a few **** trolls on this thread but i don’t think the OP is one of them.

bazookajoe
    Free Member

I always put them in those special big red poo bins, though they could make the slot a bit bigger

DezB
    Free Member

I chuck mine off the motorway bridge. 1 point for a lorry, up to 20 for a motorbike.

Dibbs
    Free Member

There are dog w**kers on the Quantocks who go to the trouble of tying the bags to the fences rather than take it home. 🙄

dyna-ti

Couple of small holes in the bottom then hang it high in a tree.It will rain,fill with water and sprinkle on people when it is windy.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

youre meant to hang it from a tree or bush.

AndyP
    Free Member

There are dog w**kers on the Quantocks

dog poo hanging from trees is bad enough but surely that’s proper illegal.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Disposing of bagged dog poo….is this right?’ is closed to new replies.