Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Disk Rotor Options
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Mrs Fiola is building a bike at the mo and wants to colour co-ordinate the hubs and disks. The hubs are Hope blue but she has xt brakes to go on this bike. Although hope rotors dont seem the same size as xt ones but a couple of mm diferent, are they inter changeable? Or does a 3rd party make blue disks?

Thanks for any valid answers

joeelston
    Free Member

What size are the xt rotors?

EddieFiola
    Free Member

160mm and a 180mm

edward2000
    Free Member

uberbike components probably will

http://www.uberbikecomponents.com/

khani
    Free Member

Uberbike do indeed.. allthough the blue might not be exactly the same shade of blue.

EddieFiola
    Free Member

thanks, they seem about right.

joeelston
    Free Member

Why won’t the 180 and 160 hope rotors fit?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Anyone use these uberbike ones with formula brakes? I read somewhere that forumula branded discs were slightly slimmer than standard discs (true or not, I’m not sure. I read it in Australian MB mag!)

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Also look at Superstar Components, they do coloured floaters.

EDIT: scratch that, they are the ame as the uber bike ones.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hope will (or at least used to) make them in whatever size you need for aftermarket upgrades of other brakes, either ring them up or ask in a local dealer.

IME as long as the addapter and disk match then you should be OK. E.g. I’ve had hope callipers and avid disks before and they worked fine with an avid addapter (but not with a hope). So you may be Ok if you swap to hope addapters.

Or just try it, as long as the disk covers the whole pad (so that it wears evenly not leaving a step in the pad)) and doesn’t jam in the calliper or the pads foul the rivets on the disk it’ll be fine.

Or get some Shimano floating rotors and some blue spray paint. Some carefull masking and a metalic blue rattle can of paint and you should be fine as the alumninium carrier doesn’t get hot.

rocketman
    Free Member

Would like to add that the blue Superstar rotors are nothing like Hope blue.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve got the Uberbike rotors with some Formula oro’s and they work fine,
    Edit The Hope rotor rivets foul the calipers though, the only hope rotors that don’t foul are the V2 ones, but they’re 180-203 only and heavy..

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Cheers for that Khani

verses

Aligator?

160mm
    180mm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Disk Rotor Options’ is closed to new replies.