Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • disk brakes – spacing required for different units on same rotor and adapters
  • craa22uk

hi – just curious before i start spacing and bodging…

i was running Cannondale brakes – post mount 180 front, 160 rear with adapters

went to change for some Sram Guide REs that were on my other bike – also PM and same rotors – when i attached to the adapters they are fowling the rotor

is this pretty common – have i again assumed there would be some standard here in the bike industry that doesn’t exist and i will have to space these out

This tech doc suggests a configuration – but at a glance this won’t fix my problem as the space is required between the adapter and the brake unit

https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/95-5018-000-000_rev_b_disc_brake_caliper_mounting.pdf

cheers for any pearls of wisdom

tillydog
    Free Member

The adapters are fouling the rotors?

Pics would help

pipm1
    Free Member

Put washers under the caliper to move it out a bit. I have the correct mounts on my bike but needed about 1mm to stop the outer edge of the rotor touching the caliper.

craa22uk

cheers @pipm1 – i feel confident giving that a go now i know it’s a shared issue

(fair point @tillydog – i’ll get pics if still not working)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘disk brakes – spacing required for different units on same rotor and adapters’ is closed to new replies.