Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Dishwashertrackworld….any technicians in the house?
  • cjr61

Afternoon,

I need some help. Our Beko DW603 integrated dishwasher is repeatedly triggering the flood pump thingy in the base. There’s obviously a leak somewhere and I’ve followed online help to tip it up and drain it.

Had the bottom off today and can’t see any source of the leak. Anyone with experience care to point me in the right direction or is it knackered? Took a photo but don’t really know what I’m looking at haha! General fumbling around and hoping to stumble upon said leak!

Thanks in advance.
    Chris

Pierre

I can’t specifically help, but I can point you towards the UK White Goods forums at
    https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forums/
    …which seems to be like the bike part of this forum, but for people who fix dishwashers / washing machines / fridges, etc.

HTH!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Might be the filler sensor float valve they get filled up with gunk and do not go down, on some models it fools the dw into thinking it might have overfilled.

cjr61

Thanks both. Definitely a leak I think as get reasonable amount of water coming out when I tip it up. If my logic is correct?

Sui
    Free Member

My Bosch was doing this ages ago, it turned out to be overlly excessive soaping was causing the float sensor in the base to trigger. The base effectively has a sump where excess water goes if the machine is missbehaving/leaking. The float is literally a bit of polystyrene linked to a switch. Some people were removing this knowing that there was no loeak and it was just foam (so check your tablets)..

A quick remedy is sometimes just to rock the machine to a nextreme angle, sometimes it clears it.

i found this out after taking the thing apart and then doing the research..

cjr61

Thanks @sui but there’s definitely water in the base sink as has seen some posts relating to that pesky polystyrene!
    Assume as water is present then it is a leak?

Sui
    Free Member

feels like it if there is excessive water – i.e. more than can be made from foaming. Have you checked if all of the spray units are not full of crud (corn kernels normally), it could be causing excess pressure on the re-circulation pump. One’s it’s dry is the pump switching back off? that’s unfortunately the limit of my experience with this..

cjr61

Thanks @sui. Sadly no rogue corn kernels and all holes look good 🤣
    Once I’ve tipped the water out it starts working again as normal…for a while

Sui
    Free Member

there’s only one answer for it – take it apart and set it off and look for a leak***

*** this may not be a wise idea..

jeffl

Yep if it’s got water in the sump i.e. where you wouldn’t expect it then yeah best bet is to empty it all and dry it out. Then take the sides off and see what happens. My Bosch had the float sensor triggering so the machine was always trying to pump water away when there was none there. Good luck.

cjr61

Thanks all. Sounds like I’m doing some danger dishwashing later gnaaaar!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

My dishwasher has never malfunctioned in 35 years, sometimes hear the odd grumbling and think it may be on the blink but always seems to keep going.

singletrackmind

Could be something else mind
    One way valve failing on the outlets and letting water nack into the machine
    Pump not emptying the machine properly nefore next refill – rinse cycle
    Inlet solenoid borked letting more water in tjan required
    Float level sensor borked opening solenoid letting more water than required
    Ecu borked, guess what, asking for more water than required.
    Good luck

cjr61

@singletrackmind

Oh crap! More than a loose hose then!

ross980
    Free Member

It might be the sensor on the incoming water supply (impeller jug). I had the same thing on my Bosch where it would fill with water but not detect the water coming in to the extent that it would over-fill and then trigger the overflow pump. It’s basically a little impeller that spins and triggers a reed switch, I assume after so many revs it knows that’s enough water. Seems an odd set up tbf. I took it apart, tested it, reassembled and it worked again.
    Probably not that, but worth a Google to rule it out

BigJohn

I had a tiny leak that I couldn’t find which filled the float bowl every couple of weeks. I solved it by drilling a hole in the bottom of the bowl. Just had to mop up the water underneath every now and then. In reality it almost always dried itself except in really cold damp weather.

ji
    Free Member

Check the impeller hasn’t got glass fragments stuck in it. That was the issue with ours

BigJohn

Now check the impeller housing hasn’t got blood in it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Bloody dishwashers. I swapped the combi heater pump in mine, the the main board promptly did a bosh and fried itself meaning I spent 6 months bailing water out when the tablet flap opened and refilling it with hot water. Then it went completely on the blink again and I drew the line

cjr61

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Opening it up again today in the hope of working through a few options.

Hopefully no chopped up impeller fingers haha

dashed
    Free Member

Our beko used to keep popping the main drain hose every now and then. It would get gunked up with fat etc and cause enough pressure when draining to pop the hose. Should be pretty obvious and the sensor would detect water in the sump and stop the dishwasher draining. might also be worth taking the hose off and cleaning – it’s almost a u bend and all the crap collects in the bottom. From memory, bottom right hand side somewhere and a couple of those squeezy spring clips to remove then push fit to replace.

jamesco

Revived this as I remember reading about the same model as ours, viz Beko DW603. However between Mrs Jamzco and myself we reckon that the water left inside is due to a knackered PCB as it won’t programme properly so we are gambling on a new £55 board from espares, wish me luck, did you cure yours cjr61 and how ?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Dishwashertrackworld….any technicians in the house?’ is closed to new replies.