Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • dishwasher pump question (I've pushed something past the spinning bit)
  • Markie
    Free Member

Hey.

Our dishwasher (Neff) wasn’t draining. Tech support said check if the pump was blocked. I did. It was. By (what I think was) a fragment of china cup handle. Which I then pushed past the pump spinny bit.

The good news is, the pump spinny bit now spins freely.

Is there any bad news?

Should I try sucking the fragment back through with the vacuum?

Not worry about it until something bigger breaks?

Thanks!

Saccades
    Free Member

I haven’t worked on Neff, but plenty of hotpoint/indesit etc.

If it was me I’d be getting into the guts, undoing the hose clip on the other side of the pump and firking that china thing out.

I’d be stunned if you can get it out with a hoover.

Daffy

So long as there’s no noise when it’s operating, the liklihood is that the fragment will be forced by water pressure into one of the outlets. So long as it doesn’t return to the pump, it’ll be fine.

Markie
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

I took Saccades words as motivation to get the piece out and figured Daffy’s would help me stay positive if I couldn’t.

I sucked the water out of the pump with a straw (bleugh), shone a torch in and saw that I hadn’t (quite) pushed the fragment past the spinner, more kind of underneath it somehow.

A few minutes of delicate manouvering with a pair of long nose pliers later and it was out.

Thanks both!

Davesport

I sucked the water out of the pump with a straw (bleugh)

You minger 😆

That is all.

prettygreenparrot

What Saccades said.

Saccades
    Free Member

I sucked the water out of the pump with a straw (bleugh),

Jeez – next time make a T piece vacuum with some hose and a tap of running water.

Congrats though, it’s always nice to fix something relatively simple like that and you don’t have to worry about something going awry later.

Markie
    Free Member

Late to my own party!

You minger

But what I meant was I sucked water mostly up the straw then put my thumb over the end and repeated ad infinitum… 😕 😀

And except for one taste, it went fine… 😳

Congrats though, it’s always nice to fix something relatively simple like that and you don’t have to worry about something going awry later.

Thanks! And again for the advice!

andyl
    Free Member

you could have blown it out (along with all the water) from the waste end back into the trap at the bottom. Slide out the non-return flap first or you will go very red in the face trying to blow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘dishwasher pump question (I've pushed something past the spinning bit)’ is closed to new replies.