Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • disc rotors warping
  • alien1973

Hi y’all, 1st post on the forum and need a bit of advice. I’m a big lad, 6′ 2″ and down to 19 stone (!?), and I’m having some issues with my shimano deore discs warping under hard or continuous braking. Don’t have this issue with a hope setup on one of my bikes, only the deores. I’m using 203mm front disc, with 2011 deore m535’s. The discs do return to true after a few minutes, but kind of scuppers me at the time. I don’t ride dh or anything, just get out and ride local stuff, woodsy and land rover tracks, but I’m getting quicker and there’s a lot of momentum! I’m thinking about trying a floating rotor, would this help? Thanks in advance.would love to hear from any other super Clydesdale sized riders and their experiences!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Mate doubt if they are warping more like fluttering of pads biting then not biting causing fork flutter. I suffer this a lot on my hardtail but less so now if have swapped to a less saw tooth edged rotor or wavy rotor. It also kills the near side fork leg wheel bearing on Hope pro 2 hubs. I am a similar weight and the fork flutter is on newly serviced tight sealed and bushed Revelation dual air uturns.
    I have hope tech evo V4’s with 203mm floating dual rotors front and rear on the full suss and no issues at all on fox 36 forks and the brakes are the dogs danglies. If I could justify the expense on the hardtail I would love a set on that too.

alien1973

Cheers for that suggsey, think I’ll look at a floating rotor, hope that stops it. The rotors do warp (the noise and sudden loss of braking is scary!), spoke to a mate who’s a biker and he suggested floaters as well. Will report back with the results! As you said, would love to get a set of hopes on, but a young family and a wife who thinks I spend too much on my bikes already precludes this!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘disc rotors warping’ is closed to new replies.