Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Disc commuter/citybike for the missus
  • toys19
    Free Member

So during my tale of woe over losing my lush Macinato in exeter, they also took Mrs Toys19’s Giant xtc850 which has been her daily bike for over 10 years.

So I am thinking of dragging her into the 2020’s and getting her a disc braked hybrid/ flat bar bike to stick the Leco front mounted kid seat on.

So this Edinburgh Bike Coop Revolution Courier womens seems to fit the bill at £389, any other suggestions? Needs to be 700c/29er I reckon..

toys19
    Free Member

bump..

MoreCashThanDash

From the cycle rack outside the office of the posh solicitors next door to our office, Spesh Sirrius or Cannondale Quicks seem to be popular.

Boardman do some nice hybrids, and I think I saw something that might fit the bill when I was looking at the cheap 29er a small mtb for my son in Decathlon this afternoon

toys19
    Free Member

What bout this Pinnacle? Ticks all the boxes. Never heard of pinnacle before though..

Evans link

stumpy01

My sister has got a Specialized Vita which is pretty nice. Hers is rim brake, but I think they do disc options.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I built up a Kona Dr. Dew out of a mix of spares and new, and it does the job nicely. Comes up light and handles well on the tarmac and copes well with off-road shortcuts too.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve got a Pinnacle Arkrose CX commuter – great bike, great value for money. Their other bikes seem to get decent reviews as well. Depends if you can see past the “Evans Own Brand” thing….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Disc commuter/citybike for the missus’ is closed to new replies.