Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dirty scroungers desperate to get something for nothing… [rant]
  • allyharp

This afternoon I was in a post office in Glasgow – one of those ones that's a shop with post office combined at the back. One woman had a kid about 4 or 5 wandering round while she was in the queue.

Kid appears back with ink all over his trousers and woman walks round to the other side of the aisle to see a pen lying open on the shelf. She turns to the nearest Asian man and starts shouting "look at that, he's just walked past that pen that's lyin open on your shelf and got it all over his 3 hunner pound jacket ah've just bought him for school. So what are you gonna do about it?"

"It's not my shop, I'm just a customer" says the guy.

She says shouts "sorry" wanders over to the till and starts shouting at the real shop keeper. Same speel again, mentioning the £300 jacket at least 3 times.

He refuses to talk to her about it, Meanwhile the kid is trying to talk and she keeps telling him to 'shut it' before snapping "I'm not talking to you, go stand over there" and the kid runs out the shop.

So she turns back to everyone in the post office queue "isn't that a disgrace ma boy's just got ink all over his 3 hunner pound jacket and he won't talk to me"

Nobody really says anything so she tells the shopkeeper she'll phone the police and he urges her to right now.

She then jumps back to her spot in the queue and moves on to moan at the post office clerk. (This time the jacket costs £400)… but of course there's nothing he can do.

Kid comes back and says "mummy, mummy but I opened it, I opened it"
    "Naw you didnae, don't lie"
    "yes, mummy I opened it"
    "Is that what he told you to say down there?"
    "no"
    "Right, that's it you're getting **** all"

She storms off to shout at shopkeeper, kid starts crying and follows. She gracefully accepts defeat by calling him a "black bastard" and leaving.

[/Rant over]
    I almost wanted to congratulate the kid for his honesty but didn't fancy getting my head kicked in.

Drac

Ok cheers for that my day is fulfilled.

taka
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

taka
    Free Member

who buys their kid a £300 or £400 jacket for school????

CHB

taka, you miss the point.
    If you are gonna get done for shoplifting, it might as well be for a £300 jacket.

allthepies
    Free Member

thanks for sharing.

dustypumpkins

That the one down on Glassford Street? I'd rather walk the extra distance to the one inside WHSmith on Sauchiehall Steet!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Silly cow got the price of his jacket mixed up with the price of his trainers..

allyharp

Correct, it was Glassford St!

Regardless of who she was and how she was talking to others, it really annoys me that people are always looking to gain from any slight mishap – whether that be tripping up over cracked pavement or slipping on a wet floor.

Whatever happened to a bit of self-responsibility?

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

lol @ neverfastenuff

G
    Free Member

In my experience people nowadays see anything, and I mean anything at all where there is the slightest chance of compensation as an opportunity. I deal with it everyday at work. Makes me puke.

We actually take high res photos of some of our more expensive products before they leave us to protect ourselves from unjustified complaints. It happens about 3 or 4 times a week. Almost inevitably killed stone dead by the "Ok We've got the high res photos taken at QC inspection up on screen. Now please can you tell us again where the problem is, as we can't actually see it even at 500% zoom".

So trust me its not isolated to some chavvy woman in the Post Office………… can you tell? thats touched a nerve, that one!

SST
    Free Member

It all started with that Dire Straits song, "Money for nothing" . . .

allyharp

What is it you sell G?

dustypumpkins

Out of all the Post Offices in Glasgow I had a slight suspicion it'd be the Glassford St one.
    Talking of Glasgow, I just spied Danny McAskill down Woodlands Road way!

Hammer
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the kid………

Ham

odannyboy
    Free Member

dumb chav…say no more.

and yes sorry for the kid as its exactly what he/she will become in twenty years time…

But we all want the best deal on things and sadly society is going this way (admittedly this is extreame example) no one is happy to pay top whack to local shops any more and thats what ("kind of") fuel all this..

Oh dear i can feel the rant building in me too, better go and sit in the darkened room for a while………

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dirty scroungers desperate to get something for nothing… [rant]’ is closed to new replies.