Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Dirty rotten cats!
  • nickewen
    Free Member

I hate cats. Fairly predictably so.. Brought up in a family of pigeon fanciers and I’m badly allergic to them. The thought of them rooting round in bins, killing small animals and then waltzing back into the house to walk all over furniture and work tops is disgusting.

Anyway, long drive tonight, check into hotel and go to bar to get some tea. There is a cat in there treating the place as his own and as I expected all over the furniture which I am sitting on, eating, drinking off etc.

Is it because I hate cats that I find this totally unnacceptable? Or is it just that?!

Rant over.

RustySpanner

Ook at da cute ickle puddy tat…….. 😀

khani
    Free Member

Pigface
    Free Member

You like pigeons which are flying vermin and think cats are filthy, takes all sorts 😆

CountZero

Of course it treats the place as its own! That’s because it is, the humans are there to obey its every whim.

Feed me, human, feed me now!

Get over it and suck it up, dogs do even worse, roll in fix shit, lick their assholes then lick your face and hands, transmit toxicara canis in the crap they leave all over the place…

binners

You do realise you’ll not make it through the night? They are the master race, it’s picked up the vibe it’s getting from you, and it’s presently plotting to kill you in your sleep

My advice would be: be really really nice to it, and pray that in its divine benevolence it may spare you

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhUbGkhnVC8[/video]

nickewen
    Free Member

Haha – nice meme’s!

Yeah pigeons do get a bad name.. unfortunately there aint too many pigeons kicking aboot in here th night (or dogs) but there is a cat whose life expectancy is shrinking dramatically with every step towards my chips!

Was gonna get a couple more pints of stella but don’t trust myself

CountZero

The only thing a pigeon is good for is feeding sparrrowhawks and peregrine falcons.

zippykona

I used to think the only good cat was a dead cat.
    As I’ve grown older I now realise there is a use for them in vivisection.

nickewen
    Free Member

Vivisection – now we’re talking.

At least if I don’t make it thru the night I’ll be spared the experience of an incredibly dull and tedious training course tomorrow.. Or I could just order that Stella. Barman!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

We exist only to serve them. I know my place.

ianv
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

samuri
    Free Member

See! Dogs, despite being much stronger and bigger, are still scared of cats because dogs can detect true evil.

Luckily, our dog isn’t even remotely scared of cats.

Cat chases Dog by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Drac

Jeez some wimp dogs there.

Our dog hates them with a passion I was always curious what he would do but of course would never try to find out. Walking the kids to school one day I got an idea, there’s a very bold cat that looks very much like Samuri’s, it’s about 3 years old. It stood one day at the bottom of the drive watching my dog, I had him on the lead and they did an eyeball stand off. The cat got bored of this and went for him trying to hit with it’s paws as they do. My dog spotted this and dodged him before launching at him in a very aggressive stance, thank god I had a tight hold of the lead as he very pissed off at this point. The cat was off like the wind and now keep it’s distance when he comes up the street.

CheesybeanZ

Cats kill baby robins 👿

phiiiiil

I didn’t think that dogs-scared-of-cats video was very funny; no wonder the dogs are scared of the cats when the cats lash out at them when they go past! I’d be wary too if my legs were going to get attacked every time I went near one. Yet the owners just laugh at it… I’d be throwing the cat across the room until it learned not to be a feral viscious sod…

ads678

One thing though, you don’t hear of many cats chasing or biting cyclists……..

Flaperon

Not all evil.

And I bet it wasn’t the cat who left muddy paw-prints on the sofa.

bigyinn
    Free Member

OP has some serious cleanliness issues IMO.

At least cats dont jump at you the moment you stand next to them and try and lick your face after cleaning it’s arse with its tongue. Nor do cats generally consume theirs and others faeces.

winston_dog
    Free Member

That video just highlights how the vast majority of dogs are not aggressive. Cats on the other hand are viscous. nasty bits of work!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Cats are the best thing ever…

[video]http://youtu.be/Im4TO03CuF8[/video]

nickewen
    Free Member

Probably.. They’re both dirty. I wouldn’t expect a decent hotel to have either wandering around where people are ordering and eating food.

But I’m not an animal person one little bit.. perfect pet for me would be some ducks in a pond I could chuck bread to in the morning.

swiss01
    Free Member

a ‘viscous’ cat? does it leave a trail?

failedengineer

I’m with the OP. I used to think I liked cats, but when I moved in with my partner and her three (one died fairly soon after)cats I realised that they were dirty f**kers. Shiteing in someone’s garden then coming through the catflap and jumping up on the kitchen worktops, furniture etc. She won’t even admonish them. If I had my way I would do away with the catflap for starters and leave them outside all day. I sometimes come home and one of them has peed on the worktop and there’ll be bits of a bird on the carpet or vomit on the floor containing bits of mouse ……..

fasthaggis

OP has some serious cleanliness issues IMO.

perfect pet for me would be some ducks in a pond I could chuck bread to in the morning.

😆

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

jumping up on the kitchen worktops

We don’t have a problem with our cats jumping onto the worktops. You have a human issue there, not a cat one.

Anyhow, humans, complaining about how dirty cats are! Heh heh, yeah, we’ll leave this planet without a trace… :mrgreen:

failedengineer

I know. I said in my post that my partner won’t admonish them. However, I reckon that even if they daren’t do something when humans are present, they’ll do what they want when they’re not. Laughing.

footflaps

The only thing a pigeon is good for is feeding sparrrowhawks and peregrine falcons.

Our two catch pigeons and bring them back home for us. Very cute, unless them choose to disembowel them on the living room carpet. We get through a lot of carpet cleaner these days…..

zippykona

I once dated a young lady with a cat.
    During an episode of intimacy the cat decided to sniff my very own eye of the tiger.
    Talk about putting me off my stroke. Nearly snapped my knob off.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have no difficulty with cats as such, although I do very much wish they would use the toilet like civilised people.

My neighbour’s cat (which has face cancer and a nasty attitude) has been crapping in my flowerbed so much that I am now mostly pissing into a watering can, which I then sprinkle around the flowerbed to put it off its stroke. It is dragging me down to its level, which I’m no fan of.

🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m not a dog person either. But at least dog people have the basic decency to follow their dog around carrying its turds in a little warm plastic bag.

Cat people don’t do this, so I have to. Do not imagine this endears you to me. 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Cats kill baby robins

Some of them do. Our cat does absolutely FA all day, every day

verses

But at least dog people have the basic decency to follow their dog around carrying its turds in a little warm plastic bag.

It would seem a large proportion of the dog people around here don’t do that…

I plan on producing some of these posters.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

A woman down the road has a cat that walked into my neighbours house while he was loading the car, got into their bedroom and shat allover their bed and floor (something hasn’t been right with that cat for a while) When he had it out with the owner, she said “it’s just what cats do, they’re free spirits!”

Cats are dicks…….and so are a lot of their owners.

zippykona

Next doors cat shit IN MY CAR.

Edric64
    Free Member

I love it when the pigeon breeders moan that the Peregrine Falcons in the Avon Gorge kill their birds .Not as fast from A to B as you thought then are they ?!

Gunz
    Free Member

We had a half-scottish wild cat until a couple of months ago, he certainly kept the rabbit numbers down and gave as good as he got with the foxes – wouldn’t let him near the bloody work tops though for the same reason that dogs jumping up all over my clothes makes me want to punch the owner.
    Pets are like children in that you love your own but other people aren’t that bothered frankly (and why should they be?).

mightymule
    Free Member

My cats never used to stop the dog going through doors. They used to yell at the dog until he got up and opened the doors for them 😀

MrsToast
    Free Member

Dogs are ace. So are cats. They both have their interesting foibles though.

I’ll moan about my dog rolling in fox poo. My cat owning friends complain about their cats leaving rodent and bird remains on the carpet and pissing in the dishwasher.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Dirty rotten cats!’ is closed to new replies.