• This topic has 43 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Ogg.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Dirty Reiver, I am in, that was stressful.
  • zap
    Free Member

after setting alarms, 25 minutes and spinning wheels and page reloads, managed to get in. nearly 2 years in the planning. well chuffed.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Still trying to get my tickets 🙁

I’m stuck on the entry screen. Put me and the Wife’s details in, but it won’t let me progress!

mrb123
    Free Member

I got stuck there too for a while but it eventually let me progress and pay.

Now just to decide on tyre choice…

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’m just clicking the book event button at the bottom. I get the loading circle for half a second then it does nothing…

I’ll keep trying a praying! Missed the 200 last year, booked the 130 then ended up being ill so I couldn’t make it lol.

k1100t
    Free Member

500 Server Error

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’m getting a mix of that, not being able to progress due to the t-shirt sizes being an invalid choice and now it’s a blank screen.

k1100t
    Free Member

It’s back, I have an eMail receipt…

johnw1984
    Free Member

Just getting a blank screen now. This is a bit annoying…

riklegge

I’m not able to get past the entry screen, it seems to just freeze. Do entries normally sell out quickly or is it worth trying again later on?

johnw1984
    Free Member

The 200 sold out fairly quickly last year 🙁 I’m in the same boat.

fibre
    Free Member

4 of 4 in my group got in, one of them only got through a few mins ago.

Keep trying.

riklegge

Right, managed it. I found that any gaps in data fields caused a problem (in my case it was leaving a gap in a phone number).

johnw1984
    Free Member

Can’t even get the page to load in Chrome. Got the form filled in Edge, but button just isn’t working to book it 🙁

djflexure

Used Firefox, having disabled the privacy software and it worked first time

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Those who got in: do you just have to keep spamming the big red “book event” button? It’s a shambles.

st4nley
    Free Member

Registered, signed up, booked camping, stress free pleased to say, just an expensive weekend as signed up for the Dorset Dash Yesterday as well.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Cleared cache, still didn’t work with 2 entries. Tried with one entry and it went through. Now trying to get my missus an entry and it’s playing up again…

They’re getting a bit shirty on Facebook telling people they’re not “tech savvy” and someone is working on it.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Quicker and less stressful just to download Firefox and entered no problem. Didn’t even have to fiddle about with privacy settings.

Cheers djFlex.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge. All stopping at the same point now, get a loading circle on the book now button for half a second then nothing happens.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Missus eventually got through on her laptop! She just kept trying and it finally progressed.

I suspect most of the fixes tried were just coincidence and it’s just the luck of the refresh 🙁

k1100t
    Free Member

Looking at booking the camping, but you canny book for just the Friday night! So £20 for one nights stay… 😩

johnw1984
    Free Member

We’ve hired a self-contained camper, but it looks like the camper pitches aren’t on the booking page 🙁

All I can see is the tent options.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

K1100t, it’s been 2 nights min at the campsite for a few years. I rationalise it that you’re paying for the convenience of being able to occupy your pitch until 5 or 6 o’clock on the Saturday evening, and take your tent down at your leisure. Rather that than a mad scramble pre-breakfast.

st4nley
    Free Member

All the hard standing pitches for camper vans sold out by 9am.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Haha, typical 🙂

Guess I should have booked that first! Might have to live on the car park then.

sboardman

The 200 has sold out already!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Doesn’t surprise me at all. We took our time last year then went to buy a ticket thinking we had loads of time…

sboardman

Yup, they’ve done a good job promoting it. I managed to get it to work first time this morning. Although I don’t remember a T-shirt size option like what is being mentioned on Facebook.

Merak

@sboardman

Mmmnn me too.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’m in for the 200 and have the camping booked – now I just need a bike…

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Dang I wanted to do it again next year. I don’t remember a rush to sign up last year?!

butcher

Surprised how quickly it’s selling out now – is it just down to the anticipation of it selling out? In the past I’ve waited weeks before signing up. Quite fancied doing it as well.

turneround

they were using a commodore 64 as a server….

apedoctor
    Free Member

Can’t believe the 200 and the 130 gone already!

Will they get shirty if i buy a 65 entry and just do the 200? I don’t recall anyone on the route last year checking?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Brilliant event….

So well managed and supported.

I enjoyed my one time go at it, fabulous place 👍

zap
    Free Member

Was going to camp as the plan was to come on my own. Now wifey wants to come and has booked a £330 water side lodge and apparently I am paying for.

k1100t
    Free Member

@crimsondynamo I get the reasoning, and thinking about it critically, it’s a good fall back to have. Was just planning on finishing, jumping in the cart and driving a couple of hours to my brothers and kipping there. I suppose this gives me the option of just crashing if I’m totally wasted.

Pyro

Will they get shirty if i buy a 65 entry and just do the 200? I don’t recall anyone on the route last year checking?

Think that falls under ‘Breach of Rule #1’, to be honest.

And people were checking last year. I was one of them…

robbie
    Free Member

2 mates got in but I didn’t after all the glitches, so I’m just going for a ride in the forest with a load of other people who signed up for an event!!

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

@robbie can you maybe see if you can get on the reserve list for the 200? If there are any withdrawals then you’ll get a place?

I’d suggest that it’s pretty poor form just to do it without entering. If too many people try that then it screws up the logistics.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Dirty Reiver, I am in, that was stressful.’ is closed to new replies.