Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Dirty Reiver 2021, 3rd time lucky, I hope so
  • zap
    Free Member

Entries open tomorrow for April 21 I think. I hope by april we can do events like this. Good luck to anyone trying to get an entry, not sure there are many left after both events postponed from this year and so many transferred.

didnthurt

Just do the same route but on a different weekend. Post the date on here and I’m sure you’ll get a few takers. Save yourself £60.

burko73

£60 buys a lot of flapjacks, bananas and jacket potatoes!

Seriously though, it looks like a great event.

I really fancy a crack at the Dirty Reiver, at least the 130 anyway. I headed up last yr for the registration day and rode the reservoir loop and a few bits of trail on my gravel bike. There was a good buzz at the event village and it made me want to come back and have a crack sometime.

jodafett

I’ve already entered the Frontier 300 so might try this as a warm up!

speedstar

Although the route is excellent to do at any time you miss the camaraderie of the event. Great fun lining up with people as stupid as you at 6am on what is often a pleasant spring morning (Please let it be sunny this time)

dknwhy

Logged on at 10am but all the 200km entries are already allocated. On the waiting list so will see what happens..

lewisdeacon

minus 4 at the 2019 start (brrr) but I really did enjoy it

speedstar

I was there LD but the sun soon burnt off the ice! I’ll take a cold sunny start over mild but rainy any day

scud
    Free Member

Im in for Frontier 300 and Dirty Reiver – so fingers and toes crossed that new year is a better one, and that i can find my event legs as living in Norfolk i rely a lot on trips and events to get some climbing legs!

krixmeister

I do always find it odd when the STW spoilsports say of any event, “just download the GPX, do it yourself, and save some money”. Presumably these people never go to live music (just listen on Spotify) or pubs (just drink at home).

I’m paying the money to support an event and organizers I like. But… f*** the midges!

wool

Midges arrive late May so need to worry with a 17th April date. Would like a none rain warm day this time please.

djflexure

I was expecting last years entry to be carried over – dont think I have had an email recently (might have missed it). Anybody else had contact who entered this years event?

speedstar

I’ve not received any emails since the initial one either but you’ve got me worried so I’ve emailed them to be sure!

tazzymtb

i should have been carried over into next years event *fingers crossed* got an even madder bike to ride this time so will be a laugh as usual, although that bombtrack climb on a singlespeed was a tad horrific 🙂

would love to see some of the rocky lumpy jumpy double track back in 2021 as that was always a great giggle at eyeball vibrating speeds

speedstar

I think I almost died several times on that descent…

Got an email back saying they will be sending out a confirmatory email to everyone who’s pre-registered in the next couple of weeks.

djflexure

Great – my prep is going ok. Bike is ready – Whyte Saxon Cross frame nicely pimped up. Just ordered a more spacious tent (can’t have too many tents). Fitness is reasonable at present. Ideally I’ll need to do some longer rides and if I could get rid of a stone I’m sure the hills will seem shorter. Not been back since the old style K100 stopped.

speedstar

Been doing more enduro riding recently so will need to get more miles in after the turn of the year. Just installed a shockstop stem which definitely helps with arm pump! Problem is it highlights how much you get through the rear end! Might need to get their seatpost too but will need to wait until Christmas is paid for. Still riding the Jamis Renegade I first rode the DR on in 2017. Still a fantastic bike and feel no need to change it.

Digger90
    Free Member

Whats the deal with passing on my entry, or must I return it and suffer the admin fee?

I had a heart attack last week – followed by Angioplasty + stent, so I’m not going to be able to ride unfortunately. I just won’t be able to prepare well enough.

My entry is the full 200kms route…

speedstar

Sorry to hear that Digger90 and hope you recover well 🙁 I would email them to ask. They seem like very reasonable types.

Janesy
    Free Member

My last email from them on the 20th July

Transfer to 2021 is the default option and if that is what you’d prefer, you need do nothing more – you’re in. Only those wanting a refund need to complete the Google Form above. The April date for 2021 will be confirmed in the coming week.

We hope that you and yours are healthy and able to enjoy some time on the trails. Keep an eye on our social media channels for some Dirty Reiver related motivational fun in the coming months. Stay safe, masked and socially distant as appropriate and enjoy the rest of the summer..

Many thanks for your patience and for bearing with us.

joshvegas
    Free Member

would love to see some of the rocky lumpy jumpy double track back in 2021 as that was always a great giggle at eyeball vibrating speeds

Agreed, that was the highlight for me now its a little tame and dare i say it a tad boring.

tazzymtb

yes,its definately more fluffy snd tame, because roadies turning to gravel crash like crashy thing on anything even slightly technical.

rickonwheels
    Free Member

Logged on at 10am but all the 200km entries are already allocated. On the waiting list so will see what happens..

Not sure if the rules have changed, but when I did the Dirty 130 in 2018, there was the option to change your mind in either direction at a particular point in the event, regardless of what you booked for. I see the event is fully booked now anyway, so this probably is no longer useful info..

I’d like to go and do the 200 route on non-event day – I know the route has changed over the years, and some of the route I did in 2018 was on private land I think – can anyone point me to a confirmed “ride anytime” Dirty Reiver route GPX?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Dirty Reiver 2021, 3rd time lucky, I hope so’ is closed to new replies.