Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Dirty cheap takeaway food endorsements!
  • scuttler

As if Binners needed any justification, here are top foodies favourite dirty slag snacks. There’s a lot of love for everyone’s favourite highstreet (and service station, railway, airport) VAT free pastry delights in there too!

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/nov/28/top-chefs-favourite-fast-food

Simon Rimmer
    Greens, Manchester
    Greggs sausage roll

“I don’t have it often but the Gregg’s sausage roll is a joy. It’s greasy, over-seasoned and you know it’s not doing you a scrap of good. Yet there’s something heavenly in that white pepper and heavily minced pork. I haven’t tried the vegan one. Why would you? Don’t get me started on pretend meat in vegan food. As a veggie restaurant owner for 30 years, it drives me insane.”

binners

Good call. And a reminder that I’ve not had a Zinger Tower Burger for ages. Something I need to remedy 😀

I’m quite surprised that the morning hangover-curing joy of the double sausage and egg McMuffin never made the cut

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I haven’t had a bacon double cheeseburger since  28/02/1996.  This may soon change

richmtb

They are spot on about Five Guys, best burger on the high street, not that dirty though.

My favourite dirty food is Beef or Chicken Curry from the Chinese Take Away. It’s about as authentically Chinese as Steak and Kidney pie but a good “chinese” curry, with fried rice and chips naturally, is an awesome dirty meal.

I can almost feel the MSG coursing through my veins.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Dixy Chicken or Chicken Village, Briggate, Leeds.

I will always end up there after a night out on the beer, stuffing my face with chicken burgers, etc.

binners

I also agree about the Greggs Cheese and onion pasty being the best thing in there – my default order is this with a sausage roll chaser

It’s got to be napalm-hot and steaming.

Absolutely! needs to be hotter than the surface of the sun! 😀

martinhutch

They are spot on about Five Guys, best burger on the high street, not that dirty though.

Or cheap. Noticed that they don’t include VAT in the prices on their menu behind the till, which makes the final total even more eye-watering (for a takeaway burger, albeit a good one).

Sausage and Egg McMuffin for me.

Shouldn’t have looked at this thread on week one of a Keto diet really… 🙁

revs1972
    Free Member

up until I stopped eating meat , it had to be a visit to Miss Millies when back in the home town of Bristol. Mmmm chicken gravy….. and yes I know how its made 😉

ton
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Slix fast foods in Bristol you madman!

stevie750

If you are in ireland then it’s hard to beat https://www.abrakebabra.com/

Get katsu chicken fries

binners

Where’s PP? We need our friends from north of the border to bring some perspective to proceedings and show us some proper food filth 😉

brownsauce
    Free Member

I’m going continental with my fav take-away and putting forward the French Americana sandwich

burger meat cut up into chunks plus chips plus mayo , served in a french stick / baguette.

Its epic.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Slix fast foods

Wonder how many times they’re asked for ‘fried chicken drinks’

perchypanther
    Free Member

Where’s PP? We need our friends from north of the border to bring some perspective to proceedings and show us some proper food filth

Peace through superior fryer power. 😉

None of these are even close to a Square sausage  and haggis doubler on a well fired roll.

slowoldman

Absolutely! needs to be hotter than the surface of the sun!

Agreed. Unfortunately it’s not something that can be guaranteed. They should stick a microwave in every Greggs.

tomhoward

Special kebab from I Am Doner in Headingley or Harrogate. Gert lush.

ElShalimo

If you find yourself feeling peckish at Kings Cross station whilst waiting for a train back up t’north, the scotch eggs from “Kiosk” opposite M&S are fab. It’s not cheap but the dirty feeling you get after demolishing one in front of the other passengers is great.

Cougar

Before reading that article I’d never heard of a “pickleback.” And having looked up what it is, I long for the return of my former ignorance.

Pickings are thin as a veggie, but my vote would be either a potato pastie from Oddie’s or the veggie Cornish pastie from those stalls you get in some service stations (I think they’re “The Real Cornish Pastie co” or some such).

TiRed

Philly cheesesteak. If you are ever in that city. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten anything so. Calorific or unhealthy in my life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesesteak

scuttler

the scotch eggs from “Kiosk” opposite M&S are fab

The everything from the Kiosk is fab. Scotch Eggs, salt beef / corn beef sandwiches, ace coffee, cheap and tasty earl grey, rarely a queue and at the right end of the station for those in a bit of a rush. Not sure earl grey belongs on this thread but it’s my thread so there.

failedengineer

Mmmm. Oddie’s! That brings back childhood memories of Nelson.

I nominate either Greggs C & O Pasty or a large traditional pasty from the pasty shop in the NEC. It’s the highlight of my annual visit to the Motorbike show. Neil Hodgson and Niall mcKenzie were sat next to us this time, also demolishing pasties (although Hodgson was having tomato sauce with his – yeuch).

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Beef flavour Space Raiders (golden and crunchy monosodium glutamate made in finger-lick heaven)

Chips and proper chinese golden curry sauce from local takeway (as above except thankfully not crunchy)

Cornish Bakehouse veggie sausage roll (massive fat tasty tube of perfectly-seasoned greasystodgeness, wrapped in layers of nicely twisted dark-golden flakey pastry. Must be 7 inches long and hits the spot every time 😳)

Brown sauce to dip completes the feast.

sparkyrhino

Dirty, cheap you say.Can get ‘death by pizza’ at a local vomit shop. 20” pizza, layered as such..cheese,doner,cheese,pepperoni,cheese,doner,cheese and more doner as a garnish,its huge impossible to eat without fightin irons, all that for £12 all quality ingredients and tasty after a pint or six

ElShalimo

@scuttler – the chocolate brownies are huge too! £2 well spent

Cougar

It’s all over.

You can get mail order pasties.

https://www.philpspasties.co.uk/shop/pasties

ElShalimo
    YoKaiser
    Free Member

Jumbo sausage supper with cheese and curry. Medium tub of vanilla with raspberry. All from the Plaza in Ardrossan.

Also occasionally fire in a sausage and egg mcmuffin one the way home after my last nightshift.

pondo

Why are you all not just getting the biggest bucket of KFC chicken pieces you can get your arms round?

Cougar

Chips and proper chinese golden curry sauce from local takeway

I’ll see that and I’ll raise you salt & pepper chips (and Chinese curry).

tails
    Free Member

They actually make junk food sound decent.

My nomination

Gardenia in Cambridge, burger wrap.

Burger chopped up, feta, onions, salad, relish of some sort, jalapeño on the side all wrapped up in a flat bread. Lush.

chewkw
    Free Member

Greggs for me with their chicken bake. 😋

slowoldman

Chips and proper chinese golden curry sauce from local takeway

To be honest that is the best dirty takeaway. I used to go to Dave Wong’s on the A6 in Great Moor for his beef curry and chips. That was good.

bigblackshed

Chip shop chips, curry sauce, and pickled eggs.

Don’t forget a can of vimto to wash it down.

Burp!

chewkw
    Free Member

No good chip shop within the working distance otherwise it will be fish and chips or chips and chips with salt, vinegar and lemon juice … and tomato sauce and mayonnaise.

WildHunter2009

Miss Millie’s is a blast from the past. Many happy memories of dirty chicken on the way back to the Stoke Bishop halls. I’m a fan of the cheese bean melts at Greggs myself or the classic sausage roll.

Not sure five guys belongs here, but too actually nice, same vein as the mission burrito or if in Bromley Benitos hat.

Mmm burritos

chakaping
    Free Member

Chips kebab with garlic mayo and chili sauce from the kebab place next to Southgate Tube for me.

precutduck
    Free Member

They actually make junk food sound decent.

My nomination

Gardenia in Cambridge, burger wrap.

Burger chopped up, feta, onions, salad, relish of some sort, jalapeño on the side all wrapped up in a flat bread. Lush.

I’ve visited Gardenia after a night out many times, not for some time though. But that ones new to me, sounds great.

theboatman
    Free Member

I also vouch for the quality of the kebabs at I Am Doner but since there tag line in no more dirty kebabs, I certainly wouldn’t be putting them in the dirty takeaway treats camp.

But if anyone ever happens to venture to Ashbourne in Derbyshire, Benny’s is beyond dirty, it is pure food filth 🤤

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Dirty cheap takeaway food endorsements!’ is closed to new replies.