• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by IA.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dirtwork adaptation?
  • Sam

I'm in the process of planning a van camper conversion and one of the things I'd like to have would be a pressure washer in the van. I'll be running 12V electrics and am thinking of trying to hack a dritworker apart and attach it to a larger resevoir. Wire it in to and you've got on-board pressure washer with lots of water (one of the things I don't like about dirtworkers being about the need to refill them. I was thinking a couple of lengths of large dia pvc pipe to act as the tank. Any reason this wouldn't work?

spooky_b329

That'll work…the advantage of the pipe is you can probably attach them under the sills of the van rather than take up internal space. Quite a nice idea actually, might look into that for my van rather than spend £100's on a custom made underslung tank 🙂

Any pics of the van?

steveh

No reason why it won't work and no need to get a dirtworker to do it, just buy a 12v water pump and a spray gun. I've seen pics of a guy who built his own washer this way with a 25l plus water container.

lovewookie

yep, look out whale pumps, they're about £25 for a decent one, it'll kick out a reasonable amount of pressure with a normal garden hose attachment.

Look at caravan suppliers or boat supplies.

spooky_b329

No reason why it won't work and no need to get a dirtworker to do it, just buy a 12v water pump and a spray gun. I've seen pics of a guy who built his own washer this way with a 25l plus water container.

I think that was me 🙂 But to be honest, the dirtworker is better as it is more of a jetwash, rather than a low pressure hose. The one I adapted was a 12v Inovex Smartwash from Halfords, dumped the open topped water container and replaced with a 25L container. Still in use, but for hosing off sweaty/muddy horses at competitions, rather than bikes 🙂

IA

I use a 12v pump (from a car shower) then a hoselock connector on the end, and a brose attachment (brush-hose = brose) doesn't need high pressure, and cos of the brush attachment you get the bikes properly clean, rather than just jetwash-clean. Also water goes further, 15L will do 3 filthy bikes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dirtwork adaptation?’ is closed to new replies.