Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dirt3 on PS3…
  • rewski
    Free Member

anyone got it, any good?

JPcapel
    Free Member

Yes got it.
    And yes it excellent. Perhaps best Dirt game so far out of the 3.

Is far harder driving simulation than Dirt 1 &2. Also the roads now have camber and gulleys at the side to catch your wheels in.

Some really interesting car choices, you can pick 80’s, 90’s, 2000’s, etc throws up things like Ford RS200, Metro, etc. Old Fiat abarths I am loving.

After at first feeling frustrated that it is harder, am actually enjoying it more now I’ve played the game for longer.

graphics don’t seem any improvement on previous releases. Thankfully no longer has the bit where they staged the meun options inside a static caravan (Dirt 2) instead its just meuns pick a race and go.

There is a gymkana which is a bit mad & very difficult, is Ken Block type driving demos you have to drift between posts, perform donughts, etc – not easy!

I’d give it 8 out of 10. GT5 probably IMHO still slightly better.

Hope this helps.

rewski
    Free Member

@ JPcapel – that’s really helpful thank you, glad they’ve got rid of the caravan sequence, I see there’s snow too on the ad?

JPcapel
    Free Member

The snow is brilliant, in this regard better than the view snow special stages on GT5. When your driving you can get blizzard conditions which are as distracting to focus on as in real life driving in the same conditions!
    Am probably about 30% through the game, other than not gelling with the gymkana bits, the rest is brilliant – mostly a wider selection of 80/90’s cars has made it more interesting for me.

rewski
    Free Member

I’m 100% sold. Thanks

benneh
    Free Member

I’ve got dirt2 on the pc. Simply sensational graphics and gameplay! I think I’ll have to invest in the new one as well!

Drac

I’ve got it but not really played it very much, seems rather good though.

rocketman
    Free Member

Going to get it at the weekend. Still looking for a Skull or Rex dashboard toy for the Mondeo 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

£28.99 @ Amazon

stcolin
    Free Member

Will download the demo on Xbox Live. Haven’t been impressed with the previous installments, mostly because of the arcade handling.

GTR2 on the PC really has ruined console driving games forever.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dirt3 on PS3…’ is closed to new replies.