• This topic has 45 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Dirt magazine contents page..
  • spacehopper

cant believe anyone hasnt posted anything about this yet… 😆

so who is the pretty young lady Gee Atherton is comparing nipples with? 😯

swisstony
    Free Member

I must have missed that, i’ll look tonight.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I’m not the only memeber who reads Dirt?

andyfla
    Free Member

Useless without a photo link !

geetee1972
    Free Member

Mate just seen that contents page in WH Smiths over lunch and am hoping that my subscription copy is waiting for me at home.

**** me that’s a lovely chest. Who would have known Gee was so ripped.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Dirt has a ‘contents’ page? Is it not just a “list of illustrations”? 😉

kimbers

hope its waiting for me at home

dirts still the best bike mag imho, sorry mods!

jojoA1
    Free Member

Style over substance. Though I do like a flick now and again.

DezB
    Free Member

Style over substance.

Occasionally true (although sometimes it’s more lack-of-style), but there’s been some great articles recently. The one about the classic Sunn-Chipie team was the best article I’ve read in any mag the last few months.
    And the BMX guy doing the Mega (that was a while ago) – but at least they don’t seem like rehashes of the same stuff every month.
    (And the photos are better than any other mag)

jojoA1
    Free Member

I do agree that the good articles are very good, but I’ll be a miserable old codger and complain about the stupidly small typefaces and the fact that the written bits are all over the shop so it’s hard to read even when it is worth reading.

I do like the pics too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I do like a flick now and again.

*sniggers*

Kit
    Free Member

Steve Jones’ articles are pure verbal/typed diarrhea, and I agree with jo about it being difficult to read. I decided not to renew my sub when they changed to a once a month. Might sneak a peak at the new one though 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

I do like a flick now and again.

*sniggers*

I thought someone might 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

I love the mag, the only one for me really since MBI. SIngletrack is ok but nothing more. MBUK and MBR bore me badly, American mags annoy with their egos.
    Looking forward to those nipples then.

jam-bo

dammit. i hadnt realised mine hadnt turned up yet.

supposed to be an write up about my local spot in there this month…

Filthy
    Free Member

Eh is issue 86 out..? will have to grab a copy

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah, to the newsagency and don’t spare the typefaces!!

Jamie
    Free Member

17 replies and no pictures? Tsk!

DezB
    Free Member

Not supposed to be out until the 25th..

julianwilson
    Free Member

bah, Dirt mag in shops and my subs copy still not through the post. Same as the last six or so issues 🙁

GW
    Free Member

Julian – it’s been like that for over 10 years, subscribers pay less and probably got some free shit so get over it!

julianwilson
    Free Member

It was always about 2 days sooner before they changed publisher and went monthly a couple of years ago. Perhaps the ‘every other month’ pace of life made it easier to get posted before sending out to the shops.

Most mags use the ‘get it before it hits the shelves’ as a selling point in their ‘please subscribe to us’ blurb. And their subscribers generally do, certainly the bi-monthly ‘has anyone got the mag yet’ threads on here would suggest so anyway. And yes I have got a whole t shirt every year from Dirt. And i save a whopping £8 a year by subscribing. Woo!

as an aside, it comes in an opaque grey plasic heatseal bag with ‘dirt’ written on it. Goodness knows what my postie must think I read…

GW
    Free Member

Sorry, but having bought every copy of Dirt from issue 1 from local newsagents/bike shops while some of my mates subscribed I usually had it before them (way before the publisher switch too). the bigger newsagents seem to get it on the shelves way after the local newsagents/bike shops do too.

spacehopper

i got my copy from WHsmiths on saturday… (been drooling over miss contents page lady ever since 😉 )

been loving the articles on old school downhill bikes in Dirt… the sunn radical was a gorgeous bike..!

the back in the day articles in this months singletrack are fantastic too…!

as for the small typeface in dirt… i quite like getting up close and having to move the page around to read things at different angles! (though admitedly it can be tricky to read sometimes!!)

yoshimi

I always found I’d get to the end of an artical (out of breath as grammar is rarely used) only to think ‘#i didn’t really understand what any of that was about’ – I never renrewed my subscription 😐

martinxyz
    Free Member

Its easy to read. :::throws down copy of R.A.D from 1988::: if you managed to read r.a.d. designed by NP (must have been on acid,kidding ;OP) then you can read anything lol.

If only magazines of today had what R.A.D had..

DezB
    Free Member

Ok, got my copy today. What say I scan and post?

Kit
    Free Member

What say I scan and post?

Like anyone’s going to say “no” 😀

AB
    Free Member

The photography in Dirt is peerless in the world of MTB mags, in my humble opinion.

househusband

She’s, umm, not axactly a babe is she – and the haircut and facial expression arent’t doing her any favours…!

colnagokid

purely in the intrests of being up to speed on the posts on here, I went into Smiths and had a sneaky peek 😳
    Should be on the top shelf!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

DezB:

Ok, got my copy today. What say I scan and post?

We’re waiting! 8)

Hairychested
    Free Member

She’s a fine young lady fit for the purpose of cycling promotion.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I misread the original post last night so I was surprised to see Gee Atherton’s naked chest when I was expecting Rachel.

Obviously there were other compensations elsewhere on the page.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah sorry, had to take the dog for a walk. So anything to avoid that Apprentice shite the wife is watching…

Gee is one side:

billybob
    Free Member

tease…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

as an aside, it comes in an opaque grey plasic heatseal bag with ‘dirt’ written on it. Goodness knows what my postie must think I read…

HA, I can go one better,

My dad works for the NT, so spends his day surrounded by geriatrics. Now imagine Dirt lands on his desk addressed to Mr. Parkinson (my post still goes there) accompanied by dissaprooving look s form some of the elderly bussybodies. My dad whisks it into his desk drawer murmuring somehing about it being a magazine for his son. Propmting one of the old biddies to say “perfectly healthy thing for a young lad to be into I supose”

……………dont think she thought it was about bikes 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Here she is.

Sorry, can’t risk a banning. You’ll just have to go in WHS and buy a copy.
    Worth it for the Mammoth (I’ve been there!) and Lake Garda (I’m going there!) articles.

billybob
    Free Member

that is a terrible haircut.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

FEK ME

I need to get out and ride more, last time i saw a DH rider with their top off it was Rob Warner, which just re-assured me i could drink more beer and still become national champion.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Dirt magazine contents page..’ is closed to new replies.