Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dirt mag subscribers – have you had the letter?
  • Speeder

Having been a Dirt subscriber since the beginning I’m not sure how to take the letter I’ve just received.

The publishers are suggesting they will be “pleased to transfer my subscription to this very popular title”.

What title? MBUK

I’ve never liked it, it’s always been a comic vacuum wrapped with some free gift seemingly so you can’t flick through it to assess the content and I’m pretty disappointed they’d consider this as some sort of recompense for shutting down one of my favourite magazines. They seem to have completely missed the point.

The silver lining is that I’ve only 2 issues left of my subs and that does give me a small dilemma. I don’t want to give Future any of my money but at most the cash value is £6 and it’s almost not worth the hassle to get it back and who knows it might have some decent content these days.

So 2 questions:

Has it changed should I just let them send me 2 issues? Hell, there may be some great free gifts in it for me. 😉
    What are all you other ex-subscribers doing?

G

kimbers

No letter yet but 6 quid is way better than 2issues of mbuk

mtbfix

MBUK is vastly improved recently and I don think Future own them these days so your money might be going elsewhere.

downgrade
    Free Member

Yep. I phoned the number, listened to a message, pressed a number, listened to another message telling me the office was closed.

sandal100

MBUK is vastly improved recently and I don think Future own them these days so your money might be going elsewhere.

MBUK is Immediate Media which was born from BBC magazines.

timidwheeler

Not had any letter or any offer. To be honest I was setting myself for a fight to get anything back.

I could live with MBUK. I bought the last issue as I needed some more tyre levers and it came with some half decent looking ones.

thebadabing

Try this.

I signed up with my local library to get free tablet editions of mbuk and mbr every month. It’s a pretty good service.

I basically “checkout” an issue in the library website, and then access it and download for free through a magazine app called “zinio for libraries”. There’s a whole bunch of cycling mags on there.

However, I prefer the paper copies of some magazines like singletrack – which i can’t get through the library anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

Dude, you could have called them to cancel in the time it took to write all that.

Fwiw, mbuk is ok now but I’ve been thinking about cancelling lately myself tbh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dirt mag subscribers – have you had the letter?’ is closed to new replies.