Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dirt jump bikes…. advice please
  • squealer
    Free Member

My eldest really wants one of these but I know nothing about them.

If I’m honest I quite fancy a go as well so if I bought a 26” wheel one would that work for both of us? I’m 5’8” and he’s about 5’3”. That would make it better value form money as well if we could both use it!

I’m hoping to spend somewhere up to around £600-£700 on one.

Anyone have any guidance on what I should be looking for? Really like the look of the airdrop fade but that’s way over budget.

Thanks.

sharkattack

Start by browsing here and see what looks good in your price range…

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?category=3

Don’t worry too much about frame size, they’re all tiny. Personally I’d go for a nice clean, steel frame with no gears.

mehr
    Free Member

Wiggle are currently selling Circus experts for £199 so you could build a decent one for that money Wiggle

Buy this frame off pinkbike Astronut

Then you have £400 to get wheels and all the finishing kit

There isn’t much value post Brexit for new DJ bikes. The base stitched has gone from £799 to £1099

squealer
    Free Member

Yeah I’d noticed that stitched had gone up drastically, we were looking at that pre Xmas 🙁

I didn’t realise Pinkbike had a DJ section, hopefully there will be something in there.

Thanks!

squealer
    Free Member

I took all your advice on board and bought a brand new bike instead. Arrived today, looks great. Thanks for your help.

nwgiles

I bought an airdrop fade October last year in black. Yes very expensive but oh so much fun. I am 5ft 11 and it fits nice.

sharkattack

Good effort.

Most of these threads go nowhere. It’s nice to see someone ask some questions and then actually bloody buy something!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dirt jump bikes…. advice please’ is closed to new replies.