Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dirt frame with tapered headtube for 120mm forks
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Struggling to find many. Any tips?

cheers

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

hi cheers yes i’ve seen that. i have contacted them but i’m pretty sure they are going to say 100mm only

dc1988

I wouldn’t have thought running a 120mm fork would make much difference. I run a 120mm fork on my 4x bike that came with a 100mm fork and haven’t noticed any issues.

5lab

Marin (I think) do one?

kayla1
    Free Member

Reduce the forks to 100mm?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

They are 650b forks which i have already reduced to 120mm. i occasionally get a top out thunk with them. not sure a reduction to 100mm is wise or indeed possible.

geex
    Free Member

one twenny travel and six fiddy?
    Bro dat aint no dirt jump fork

My Dartmoor 4X has a tapered headtube and recommended fork travel is 80mm – 130mm (26″fork).
    Yeah. not strictly a DJ frame either.
    the TWO6Player is what you want if it’s more for DJ/Parks than 4X/BMX/pumptrack

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

26″ wheels geex dont worry.  Radon said it’ll be fine with 120mm , but not as good. haha fair enough

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Is my understanding wrong – won’t a straight but large headtube with different cups top and bottom work just the same as a tapered head tube?

bigyan
    Free Member

Octane One Zircus
    Dartmoor Two6Player

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i might go for the Radon. Or there is a second hand P3 for sale near me, Söderström uses a 120mm for on that. We are of similair skill level…..

problem is, it was actually owned by him so i might be nervous of the structural integrity!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

*similar

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dirt frame with tapered headtube for 120mm forks’ is closed to new replies.