Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dirt Factory, Manchester
  • Premier Icon ossify
    Free Member

Despite following its progress since near the beginning and the fact that it’s a 15 min ride away from me, I’ve never been. Going to rectify this very soon I hope!

In the meantime just wanted to hear something about the place… anyone have reviews, stories, tips etc? I’m not much of a jumper.

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

Same here. Followed since the beginning and got very excited about it. it’s about a 90 minute drive away. We were supposed to go last week but it was the day Sheffield flooded and it was an adventure just getting home from work.

It would probably be quicker and easier to find an abandoned building and make my own jumps than organise a trip with my mates.

Sorry it’s not what you asked, but I’m also interested in peoples experience. Like can you just roll up and ride or does it get fully booked?

Premier Icon poltheball
    Free Member

Been once, airbag and pump track were away at an event so reduced entry fee. Couple of big scary jumps with plenty smaller to build up. Well worth a visit, I can’t wait to try the airbag next time out – for now I’m using riding time to get out in the hills before the weather gets even grottier..

Premier Icon colp

It’s tricky on an enduro bike, probably ok with fast rolling tyres.
    DJ bike or hardtail would be best.

Premier Icon poltheball
    Free Member

Forgot to say, we just rolled up on a Saturday and cracked on. Don’t know if it’s possible to book in advance. Bike hire and cafe available, plus a TV showing bike related stuff normally so you can have a break.

Premier Icon Northwind

I crowdfunded it so I get free entry on my birthday, need to do something about that 🙂

Premier Icon sam_underhill

I’ve been once, had both a 150mm trail bike and DJ bike with me. It deffo worked better on the DJ bike, I suspect just due to being able to roll faster and pump better.

The airbag was fun as well. It seemed way more daunting than I thought it would be. I think because you can see the entire height of the jump relative to the floor.

Anyway, next time I’m going anywhere near Manchester I’ll be going again. It’s ace.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.