Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Direct mount front mech 9 and 10 speed compatibility
  • RustyMac

I am looking for a direct mount front mech for my new frame and am struggling to find a 3 shift front deraillier that is designed for 9 speed and is direct mount.
    I currently have a SRAM x9 three speed front shifter and Race Face cranks that are 3 ring both of which are in good condition so would prefer not to change them for the sake of a front mech.
    There seem to be some SRAM direct mount front mechs that are 3 shift but all seem to be for 10 speed chainsets. Does any one know if this would work with my 9 speed setup?

Cheers

Rusty

slackalice
    Free Member

I can’t see why not Rusty. The throw is the same given you’ll be setting up with a 48 – 50mm chainline.

AFAIK, 10sp chains will work with 9sp drivetrain, so as long as you set the height of the mech as per, you’ll be fine.

As you probably know, Shimano FD’ s will work with SRAM shifters. Having said that, the X9 Direct mount FD I’m using is performing as well as any XTR, XT FD’s I’ve used.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Direct mount front mech 9 and 10 speed compatibility’ is closed to new replies.