Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Dinner Ideas Tonight (Homemade if poss) – Post them here :)
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I'm having Kotfe Kebabs in some pitas and a greek salad like these:

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Home made Pizza Express pizza.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not completely decided yet but probably penne picante

foxyrider
    Free Member

TSY – not sure if that makes it home made – maybe "homecooked" 😉

jimmy

Its looking like a Thai Curry. I believe the phrase is Nom nom nom. Is that Thai for yum yum?

Nick

Cottage Pie

joolsburger
    Free Member

My good lady is making me a mixed fish pie.

Mmmmmmmfish..

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Indian tonight – had home made lamb burgers last night and chicken casserole the night before that, so it's lazy food tonight.

c
    Free Member

Salad – new pot's still a bit warm, roasted beetroot, smoked mackerel, walnuts, horseradish and mustard dressing. Crusty bread. Tastes a LOT better than it sounds.

guido

Cheesy Beans on Toast
    Or Pizza
    Or Chips.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Foxyrider, you have to pour olive oil on it and everything!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Bit of chilli sauce on the Koftes' got no greek yogurt for the Tzasiki but got cucumber , olives, tomatoes, olives, feta and onion and a bit of fresh oregano and yes extra virgin olive oil and bit of vinegar :)grumble grumble – belly wants food – mmmmm – I'd eat all your dinners guys 😉

nickc

Fish pie.

scotabroad

Thai fish curry

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Lamb and beetroot stew.

Stewing lamb
    onions
    leeks
    beetroot
    potatoes
    flour
    stock cube
    parsley
    water

Rolls lamb in flour and brown. Add leeks and onions and sweat them. Add par-boiled taters, water, stock cube and cook for 30 mins, adding water/stock as necessary. Chop beetroot and add 5 mins from the end. Chop parsley and add just before serving.

VERY tasty.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

To paraphrase the husband from the Shirley Valentine film – it's Friday night and on Friday nights we have curry.

And tonight, as a treat, I have bought myself a big bottle of Leffe Blonde.

bigG
    Free Member

Venison fillet in parmesan bread crumbs, braised red cabbage with apples, dauphinoise potatoes and a nice bottle of Tukulu Pinotage 2005 here.

It's Friday after all so I thought we'd slum it with something simple.

G

foxyrider
    Free Member

bigG has Big food – blimey – can I come around to yours tonight?

kevonakona
    Free Member

Rioja style chorizo and potato stew, nice bottle of red and several beers.

bigG
    Free Member

It's eating food like that that has made me bigG!

foxyrider
    Free Member

We got a slow cooker recently as an aside – its great for currys, stews etc and you can leave it unattended which is the great thing 🙂 great for going out biking 🙂

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

after a run of curries i've gotten into chinese of late for our friday night treat. tonight will be beef in black bean sauce, chicken & cashews and some egg fried rice.

timber

the dough is just rising for our pizza tonight and a look in the cupboard suggests the topping will be tuna, anchovies, olives and mushrooms

Drac

Whatever the wife makes, speaking of which best let her out of the cage so she can get started and have some fresh water.

thejesmonddingo

Chicken in chilli bean sauce,broccoli in oyster sauce loads of rice,ta mrs dingo.

mmb
    Free Member

ravioli with garlic bread and italian herb wedges all home made including fresh pasta,well i'm half maltese after all!.

yunki
    Free Member

lamb steaks with a rosemary and redcurrant sauce.. sauteed potatos.. sweetcorn and creamed leeks….. get in

knott4me
    Free Member

chinese style pork chops.brocoli & carrots with mash patato hmmm

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i had the rest of the broccoli soup that i'd made last night. with some warm pitta bread.

Mikey65
    Free Member

Italian fish stew with Chorizo and Pasta……Yummy…..Onions,garlic with a couple of tins plum tomatoes thrown in with some tabasco and chilli flakes, chorizo and some herbs thrown in, reduced for 20 mins then chunks of fish and mussels added and simmered for 10 mins…served with fresh pasta…….Superb easy meal

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just finishing the Koftes' in the oven – and the second glass of wine. Cheers Guys I raise a glass to you all 🙂

warton
    Free Member

chicken in the oven, for chicken risotto, with rocket

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Well, we had a soup/stew.

Fried a bit of chopped bacon and onion in olive oil, added chunky lumps of potato, celery, leek, swede and carrot. Covered in boiling water with a shake of magic Marigold vegetable boullion, some thyme, a tin of canellini beans and another slug of oil and simmered until everything was soft and potatoes crumbling a bit.

Was going to do a baked suet crust to go with it but didn't have time so had crusty bread and nice creamy unsalted organic butter with it instead.

Washed down with a small glass of Badger Golden Champion.

Lovely.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Home made shepards pie but with haggas!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Dinner Ideas Tonight (Homemade if poss) – Post them here :)’ is closed to new replies.