Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DILEMA – online purchase, delivery fees
  • brakes
    Free Member

you want to purchase an item on the internet.
    Shop 1 is selling the item for £15 plus £5 delivery.
    Shop 2 is selling the item for £20 with free delivery.

Which shop would you buy from?

boloclips
    Free Member

the one that is £20.00 with free delivery. If you have a problem and send the item back then you are guaranteed £20.00 refund.

wukfit
    Free Member

^^This

brakes
    Free Member

that’s what I was thinking, so what if the one which charges for delivery was slightly cheaper.
    Say Shop 1 charged £15 plus £2.50 delivery and Shop 2 was still £20 with free delivery?

deft
    Free Member

By law you should actually get what you paid for delivery back too.

andyrm
    Free Member

By law you should actually get what you paid for delivery back too.

Only if you are returning it for a fault based reason. If you are returning it in your DSR 7 days for a change of mind, then dependent on the retailer’s T&C’s you probably aren’t.

nickdavies

Only if you are returning it for a fault based reason. If you are returning it in your DSR 7 days for a change of mind, then dependent on the retailer’s T&C’s you probably aren’t.

No, if you return it under DSR you are entitled to a refund of delivery charges whatever. It’s the return postage to the supplier that is dependent on the T&C’s.

If I hadn’t used either before or have any feedback on them, I’d buy off the website I liked the look of more!

brakes
    Free Member

it’s Amazon, so there is only one site, but different dealers.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

If it will get here quicker due to the £5 postage I’d get it from them rather than the potentially slower free postage. If it’ll take the same regardless I’d probably go on reviews of each seller.

pdV6
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    it’s Amazon, so there is only one site, but different dealers.

I’d go for the £20 one purely because the £15 one is presumably trying to game the search results when you order by price.
    But that’s just my weird logic at work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DILEMA – online purchase, delivery fees’ is closed to new replies.