Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Digital Photo Frames
  • letmetalktomark

My Dad’s birthday is coming up and he has suggested that he’d like a digital photo frame.

It’s not something I’ve ever considered for us or for anyone else for that matter.

The market seems awash with models varying in cost and features.

One that I either keep circling back to or am circled back to is this one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NIX-Advance-Digital-Photo-X08E/dp/B015XVAKG4

In 10” flavour – ooh er Mrs

Reviews appear positive and the motion sensor appeals to me at least!

Anyone with any recent experience of either the above or A N Other – good or bad!

dknwhy

We’ve not got a digital frame as such but do have a google home nest which looks like a photo frame. Has the bonus of being a voice assistant (like Alexa) but you can display selected albums from Google Photos which takes away the whole issue of memory cards etc.

Depends how tech savvy your family are tbh…..

zilog6128

The DIY option, if you are tech-savvy (or willing to learn!) & have an old laptop screen/computer monitor or even LCD flatscreen that’s not being used, is to get a Raspberry Pi and build your own. Loads of tutorials on the web, free software that does all the clever Google Photos stuff wirelessly. Get an IKEA frame or even better some enormous lairy gilt frame from a boot fair to put round it! Under £20 all in probably depending on what bits you have lying around.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Digital Photo Frames’ is closed to new replies.