Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Dig a hole, get yer tinfoil hat on and pray
  • toys19
    Free Member

NASA to reveal “exceptional object” in our cosmic locality. Oh god..

jam-bo

A new land speed record attempt. cool…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hole and tin hat ready.

Don’t much see the point in the other thing.

😉

BigJohn

They’re Americans. American’s believe in God and the Bible. Therefore they believe in Heaven, but haven’t found it.

Yet.

So they’ve been looking for a likely suspect, and now they’ve found one. I wonder if there are any WMD up there?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Blame it all on Northern bike makers

http://polarshift2012.net/nasa-nibiru-planet-x-2012.php

organic355
    Free Member

so what (UK) time will this be announced?

toys19
    Free Member

Um I think eastern time is -5 gmt so it’ll be 5.30 pm. In reality I think this will just be an attention grabbing scheme by NASA.

elliptic
    Free Member

It’s the Mutant Star Goat, mark my words.

All you middle managers, advertising execs and telephone sanitisers, step this way please 😉

RepacK
    Free Member

They’re Americans. American’s believe in God and the Bible. Therefore they believe in Heaven, but haven’t found it.

Yet.

So they’ve been looking for a likely suspect, and now they’ve found one. I wonder if there are any WMD up there?

🙄

PJM1974
    Free Member

Classic NASA pre-press conference spin.

I’m willing to bet that it’ll be about as exciting as watching paint dry.

toys19
    Free Member

I’m willing to bet that it’ll be about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Yup. I only posted it because it was amusing that it was the “Engineers” headline for the day..

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m sure I heard on the radio last week that they’d just discovered that the centre of the galaxy contained two huge ‘balloons’ about a 5th of the size of the galaxy that they’d never noticed before.
    Did I just imagine this?

monotokpoint
    Free Member

wibble

Cougar

They’ve found the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Or else it’ll be a comet that looks almost exactly like a thingy.

toys19
    Free Member

and the space pirates galleon.

Lifer
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member
    I’m sure I heard on the radio last week that they’d just discovered that the centre of the galaxy contained two huge ‘balloons’ about a 5th of the size of the galaxy that they’d never noticed before.
    Did I just imagine this?

That wasn’t NASA, it was someone using new technology to analyse NASA surveys

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/11/gamma-ray-bubbles-milky-way/

khani
    Free Member

elliptic
    Free Member

Turns out it’s a black hole that’s actually younger than me 😯

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nasas-chandra-finds-youngest-nearby-black-hole-108190609.html

As it’s in a different galaxy 50 million lightyears away, I think it’s safe to say we’re probably not doomed.

CountZero

It’s the Mutant Star Goat, mark my words.

It’s the coming of the Elder Gods, great Cthulu, Tsathoggua and Shub Niggurath, the Goat With The Thousand Young, are set to return. Ïa!

marsdenman
    Free Member

I think it’s safe to say we’re probably not doomed.

Well, until the Hollywood screenwriters get hold of the news, then it’ll be in the Galaxy Just Over the Road, inhabited by Satan’s offspring, and a load of blue people that live in the perfect world, but crucially – they’ll have oil, and a lot of it… 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mutant Star Goat ref – lol!

You get used to the idea that just about everything in the universe is older than you. But this is younger – that is cool.

I notice that it was an international effort but NASA are taking credit.

CountZero

Kind of interesting, but I was hoping they’d found our sun’s ‘dark twin’, a Brown Dwarf binary out the other side of the Oort Cloud. It’s been suggested for ages, and I’d hoped they’d found it.

GrahamS

You get used to the idea that just about everything in the universe is older than you. But this is younger – that is cool.

Yeah but isn’t it 50 million light years away?
    So when they say it is 30 years old, they mean it is 50 million and 30. 😕

gwaelod
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member

Did I just imagine this

Yes…bit of confusion there…a copy of Hello magazine got blown onto a NASA telescope by the wind, and it was open at an article on Jordan.

organic355
    Free Member

so what did this turn out to be then? I must have missed it in the news.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Dig a hole, get yer tinfoil hat on and pray’ is closed to new replies.