Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Diesel cheaper in France or here?
  • geoffj

Getting on a ferry tonight.
    Tia

Legoman
    Free Member

We were over about 6 weeks ago & motorway prices were around 1.45 to 1.50 euros/litre, supermarkets more like 1.26 to 1.30.

I’m currently paying about £1.35 here (local Asda), so it’s a bit cheaper in France.

jon1973
    Free Member

Was out there a few weeks ago, in town the cheapest I saw was 1.28 euro, on the motorways it’s closer to 1.45 euro +

I personally always fill up before I leave the UK, and fill up in France when I can, as you don’t seem to get as many petrol stations over there as you do over here.

boblo
    Free Member

I’m daaan France now. Just filled up at €1.30 per litre at the supermarche. Just cheaper than the UK.

ocrider

Thats what I’m just about to do, Boblo.
    €1.29 the litre at the local Carrefour pumps

PSA for you holiday people looking to compare fuel prices on your route through France http://www.zagaz.com/index.php

Edukator
    Free Member

On one trip home I ran the tank nearly dry in the UK knowing that I could fill up a few km from the port in Belgium. The Seacat was late and the 24h machine on the pump wouldn’t accept my French credit card. I drove back to the port to ask if there was another petrol station. The man took a 10l bucket, disappeared into the depths of the Seacat and reappeared with an unusually colourful liquid that took us as far as the first motorway services.

Diesel is always cheap in France, our government has enough trouble with people buying cigarettes over the border. If diesel were more expensive the loss in tax revenue from long-distance trucks would be huge.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

wow Lux’brg is cheap, fill all your buckets, saucepans and washing up bowl there

pictonroad

I played the diesel is cheaper game on the way to Le Mans last week, VERY nearly had to camp at a closed service station after a ferry delay scupperd plans to fill in Calais. Made it with the needle under empty.. Make sure the money saved is worth the bum clenching…

joolsburger
    Free Member
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Just filled up at €1.30 per litre at the supermarche. Just cheaper than the UK.

that’s £1.11 a litre. Diesel round here is £1.38, so more than “just” cheaper (though not worth running dry over). If a station started selling for £1.11 in these parts there would be chaos!

Last year the exchange rate was more favourable, filling my Alhambra (70 litre tank) on the way home from Verbier at a french supermarket saved me nearly 30 quid. Avoid autoroute fuel, if your’e passing a town there will usually be a supermarket within a couple of minutes of an exit.

geoffj

Cheers guys.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Diesel cheaper in France or here?’ is closed to new replies.