Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Did you go for a ride today?
  • umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Dragged myself out for a couple of hours of wet and muddy SSCX.

(Blurry cos my phone was wet)

Anyone else brave the elements today?

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

I did 2.2km forschool pickup on myhalf a ton decathlon bike.

guitarhero
    Free Member

I took the long way home from uni, which involves a 50/50 off-road, onroad mix. But it is a rather pleasant afternoon up here in the north east of Scotland.
    Didn’t feel the need to photograph my bike though, so you’ll just have to take my word for it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deets

Dragged myself round the Macclesfield Forest loop in some rather dodgy conditions. Rivers for trails etc. Thoroughly enjoyed it but equally glad to be back home and dry. Too wet/cloudy to get the camera out, nowt to see.

chip
    Free Member

Nope went out yesterday.
    Spent four hours getting absolutely filthy, then on the way home the skies opened and the deluge started.
    I was completely saturated, but did not have to wash my bike, apart from the few blades of grass I picked out of my front deraileur this morning you would not know it has been out.

handyandy
    Free Member

went for a wobble to caesars camp in Fleet/Aldershot. My favourite bits of trails have been pretty much destroyed by motorbikes, so will have to head over during the week with a spade and do some repairs.

Muke
    Free Member

@ handyandy Have they finished filming over there yet ?

drofluf
    Free Member

Got as far as getting changed before I decide F this, got changed bCk and fired upnthe wood burner.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Did an hour on the road this morning. Rule #5 and Rule #9 applied.

simondbarnes

Did 1h20m on the road this morning. Fairly unpleasant conditions.

http://instagram.com/p/fucIEZtNGg/

Simon

Rode to work and back. Not too bad going but loads of puddles and mud on the way back, then it pissed it down just before I got home.

houndlegs
    Free Member

@ simondbarnes, what are those glasses you’re wearing please?

simondbarnes

@ simondbarnes, what are those glasses you’re wearing please?

Tifosi Podium

twoniner
    Free Member

I got out yesterday and it was pretty hard going. The mountain trails were that wet and soggy it was like riding on a mattress for 4 hours. It rained a lot and there was plenty of mud. Good ride out though. 😀

eshershore
    Free Member

hell yes, I went riding..twice!

Mountain biking on the ‘Heath in NW London this morning for about hour and half, wet and muddy but fun

Then around lunch time, went out for 2 hours on road bike into NW London and moved East only to run into road works and traffic jams

ended up in Lee Valley on canal coming back past Stratford Olympics venue and into Mile End before reconnecting to the road; feels awesome riding road bike on wet canal path with lots of pave to skim across, glad I fitted Specialized Roubaix tires last week!

timpol
    Free Member

Nice wet ride around surrey hills, new trail found so worth it.

mtbfix

45mins on the turbo while catching up on Atlantis. Does that count?

paladin

Aberdeen harbour to altens industrial estate and back.

Give me hills, mountains, woods, everything other than roads anyday.

papamountain
    Free Member

Night ride around Swinley red yeterday…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Helo paladin – do i know you …..

2 hours 1 each way culter to dyce and back returning in awesome autumn foliage.

stabilizers

Did the Col du Devenick, Porltethen loop on the Road bike over lunch. Nice day here. (For a change!)

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Nothing today but got a nice ride in Surrey Hills planned for tomorrow.

If the forecast’s to be believed I might be better off with a canoe rather than a bike 😯

dogthomson

35 min turbo session for me. So no, not really!

paladin

trail_rat – Member
    Helo paladin – do i know you …..

2 hours 1 each way culter to dyce and back returning in awesome autumn foliage

Prob not, Trail rat, I’m only in Aberdeen cos my ship is. Got a trashy old Raleigh onboard for running errands.

Had to stop at halfords to buy a £8.99 pump for the bike, doubled its value instantly.

hambl90
    Free Member

Had a day at bike park wales today ,fantastic time had by all .

KevinPP
    Free Member

Did an hour and a bit on the slippy South Downs and came back with 2 Strava Koms. 🙂

bhmartin
    Free Member

I did this ride yesterday.
    http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=538014
    it was used for a race 3 weeks ago and won in a time of 2 hrs 33 mins.Took us about 6 hours including refreshment stop and still feeling it today

D0NK

Decent xc commute, avoided nearly all the rain but trails very sloppy on the way home, Tuesday night is usual midweek ride for me, forecast says it should be dry….hmmm. Time to break out the new mud tyres I think.

bhmartin
    Free Member

http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=5380148.
    Bet everyone thought so what 😆
    Lots of steep ascents on mostly gravel tracks-pure evil

handyandy
    Free Member

@Muke

Do you mean the filming down on the sandy bit at the Tescos end?

Didn’t get that far sadly, as we spent a rainy afternoon in the wooded section trying to sort out the damage. Most was ok and we left as it was no worse then the water erosion that naturally happens, but some places were completely blown out, so needed plenty of spadework. Will head back over tomorrow night to see if its still holding up.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tonight! It will be fast, drifty and messy.

Papamountain: that is a clean bike because I can still see the frame.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nope, but I have the next two days off work so will be getting some decent miles in 🙂

pipiom
    Free Member

Just off now….. Manx wind/rain etc…looooove it

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Went for a very wet road ride earlier, it was biblical at times. Great fun though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Meeting DONK later for a play in the woods…is NOT a euphemism

beefheart
    Free Member

Miserable, wet 12 mile commute this morning.
    I’ll be heading back into the **** very soon.

crikey
    Free Member

Yes. Got wet.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

This- http://www.strava.com/activities/90647479 Muddy as, tried to find a short cross loop to train on with a bit of a run up thrown in.

stanfree
    Free Member

24 mile ride round Dalkeith Country Park and Carberry estate this morning. It properly pished it down and I had to hose my clothes down like Steve Peat in Seasons (Thats where the similarities ended though).

hairyscary

Nope. My whole body is aching after a pretty big crash on Sunday (I had to order a new crash helmet).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Did you go for a ride today?’ is closed to new replies.