Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Did you get out tonight/last night?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Fantastic evening to be on the bike warm temps and no wind 40 miles on a mixture of trails

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23xCEq9]30741897_10156443078611474_5360638008867422208_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23xCEuN]30743517_10156443157211474_6718415194202046464_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Got 50k in this eve.  It was warm and lush at the time.  Finished by a beach.  Water everywhere, none to drink.  I drank all mine too quickly as was caught out.  #britishbakeon

LittleNose
    Free Member

out on a Bird Zero demo bike at Swinley… haven’t seen it that busy for a while.

When I got back to the car I realised I’d forgotten to put my lid back on after one of my stops… so had to retrace back to where I thought I’d left it… turned out that I was so <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>excited about the demo ride that I completely forgot to put it on in the first place !</span>

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23y7cis]Bird Zero TR[/url] by LittleNose

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

No, Grrrr.  Had planned a P.O.E.T.s but a water leak kept us on site until 7pm.

chipster

Nope, due to me having a chest infection.

**** marvellous! ☹️

hodgynd
    Free Member

How do you have a poets mid week ?

The last two letters are ‘ tomorrow’s Saturday ‘ ? 😁

Unlucky by the way …

roverpig

Took the Dude up to Pitfichie. Lovely evening but I think I need some suspension in my life

dumbbot
    Free Member

No, my forks are at TF tuned 😣

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Going out tonight.  Hoping the last few days have dried things out a bit.

matt_outandabout

A little potter.

I’m running at lunch today.

Hoping for local spin tonight.

Alex

Finished in the light (just). What a difference a week makes. It’s gone from cold, horrible slop to mostly dry, grippy and only a few puddles. Didn’t clean the bike and sat in the pub garden at 9pm drinking beer with one layer on!

Three days in the Elan Valley starting tomorrow. Two of them at least in sunshine. It’s all a bit of a novel experience!

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh yes, sunny afternoon/eve riding Rivington for about four hours.

flyingmonkeycorps

Only had time for a buzz round town for an hour, but I found some stuff I’ve not seen before (and saw a boat going through a swing bridge) so it’s all good!

Pook

Yep lovely little pedal up on to the stream on cut gate. Met some new riders pushing cx bikes down the stones at the top end of langsett and let one of them have a go in my jekkyl.  I think he’s going to be getting a new bike soon!

carlos
    Free Member

Yup.. Usual Wednesday evening ride. Started off in The Goyt Valley, over to Buxton, Back into The Goyt, Taxal, Goyt and back to the car. Only 27km, which is about the norm as riding buddy has 45min drive home so tend to be done by about 21:15

Amazing night to be out after all the crap weather we’ve had. Warm, 90% dry, slight breeze, clear skies and a fantastic sunset. What’s not to like?? Too early for the Midgies as well, so no mad rush to change before getting eaten alive by the little @&$£s

Couple of mates are back out tonight, which is going to be even better, but I can’t make it.

rocketman
    Free Member

Obv – a positively incendiary lap of Cannock in world class conditions

14 PRs some of which have stood since Mar 2017. Epic

beej

Yep, 50km on the cheap aero road bike that’s been sitting on the turbo since October. Knees and elbows full visible. Local shop was running demo rides so lots of people out.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, 15k in the local woods, was it dry? was it bawls, but I didn’t care, slid about, crashed into my mate, ended up in the pub. Awesome.

rossburton
    Free Member

Grabbed the kids from school and went up the local woods for a loop on the fire road (which to be honest is pretty technical in places when you’ve 20″ wheels).

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Went out Tues night. Some mud, but some dry bits too.

It was enough to have me grinning.

cogwomble
    Free Member

I’ve been out twice most weeks for a few months now.  Last night there was a group of us doing Fineshades/Wakerly.  I’m still the fat slow wheezy one at the back though.  Last night wasn’t my finest hour, infact I really struggled.

It’s nice to be out though, and in shorts.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

22k of drying-out bridleways around Farnham and Puttenham. Bliss..

FOG

Was going out but couldn’t find my front light which I last saw on a recent Scottish trip. After much swearing I decided I must have left it behind after said trip so went to computer to order a replacement.

Needless to say I found it immediately I went back in the garage, it had fallen behind yet another pile of crap.So, I am going out tonight and in a day or so I will have a spare light. At least the new light is an eBay cheapie so not a big investment and a spare will hopefully avoid this kind of kerfuffle

mahalo

had a little light chaser round the bottom of Swinley. for some bizarre reason i was really struggling for motivation last night despite the weather but eventually forced myself out and had a jolly old time! kicking myself for not going out earlier… very fragrant logging going on down the Bagshot end!

martymac

martymac

I give up with pictures like

martymac

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150942182@N05/shares/SM4975

had a lovely ride out to devilla forest, it’s around 11miles to my favourite spot, set up my tarp and hammock, had some supper, then just lay and listened to the radio for a while.

got up early and had some breakfast then packed up and rode home.

first overnight trip of the year, saw some deer, swans, blue herons, canada geese, heard a woodpecker, and felt properly warm for the first time in ages.

it was brilliant.

Max…
    Free Member

16 miles yesterday morning along the seafront – glorious.  Will check Bedgebury tomorrow morning – must be nearly dry after last week’s gloop.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nope, replaced the pads and disks on my car which had been up on bricks for months as I’ve not had a dry free weekend!

Commuted in this morning though, 26 miles of road and a bimble through Windsor park so its not all bad. Same again on the way home too and if I’m not too sore tomorrow as well, that’ll make it the first 100+mile week in a very long time!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Nice pics Martymac ..you got there in the end !😁

benp1

Mate bailed on me, which was disappointing. So cycled home from work the interesting way instead, still good!

welshfarmer

Lovely loop of the Sugar Loaf last night. Dry and dusty in places, crystal clear views out to the Bristol Channel, and almost no puddles or mud. And got back in daylight too. Fantastic. Just feel sorry for my mate who had organised it. On getting his bike out he found is rear brake had seized on and nothing we could do could free the piston off in the handpiece. So he had to miss it 🙂 We didn’t rub it in afterwards. Honest

grannyjone
    Free Member

Drove 30 miles to waterfoot. Did Lee mill quarry, cragg and tried the rolling boar NE route because I wanted to do a bit more. Rolling boar was a horrendous bog fest not worth it, wasn’t even a nice route, Cragg n Lee  good fun but still full of puddles. Warm but crap ground conditions were still here.

jeffl

Nope had scout/cub/beaver St George’s day parade practice. However did ride into work today which was lush and am intending on taking the scenic route home 🙂

madhouse

Am out after work and I can’t wait! Lights are also on charge so we don’t have to stop when it gets dark – gonna make the most of some dry trails 🙂

dissonance

Had a lovely ride last night. Still some mud patches and puddles but drying out nicely

Junkyard
    Free Member

sunny afternoon/eve riding Rivington for about four hours

I have never ever seen so many people out up rivvy – not  that many bikers but runners,  teenagers getting stoned – even they managed to get out their cars and walk to do this  but my favourite was the 6 muslims  praying facing the Pike[ sunset]. Never seen that before

Out tonight with kids and Saturday in the Lakes as well

firestarter
    Free Member

First ride out in ages due to injury happy days

chakaping
    Free Member

Didn’t pass you near the barn on a Turner did I Junkyard?

I was on my lairy yellow & red Nukeproof.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Did you get out tonight/last night?’ is closed to new replies.