• This topic has 21 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kal.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Did you buy from this ad?
  • peteimpreza

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-split-f120-rlc-hope-brakes-xtr-thomson-hope-pro-3

Has anybody who bought stuff from this ad in the classifieds received anything or had confirmation of posting yet?

ton

peteimpreza, can you remember bustafajones???

why the **** would you buy from him???

peteimpreza

new name to me Ton.

Please enlighten me.

uplink
    Free Member

I think he was notoriously quick at trousering your money but very slow at sending stuff out
    Don't think he was dodgy per se

peteimpreza

Uplink that is a good description of the situation for me and some other folk.

Let's hope that is all it is as I have just received an email saying my stuff has been posted.

Andy

Pete; I've ridden with Pete (Freeformfivespot) in the alps, he's ok! Might be a bit slow in this case.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

not that add specificaly but I did buy some wheels and shifters 2 weeks ago now, apparenly the money never arrived (I've sent him the screen shots showing the money leaving my bank account 2 weeks ago!)

C'mon Pete, I know I said I'm not in a hurry, but I've bought piles of stuff off here and elswhere since then and it's all arrived!

peteimpreza

Andy emails I have received from other members are not so encouraging.

Only time will tell.

pstokes99
    Free Member

I bought some stuff (albeit only a pair of skewers) from him recently – didn't post it all that quick but they arrived safe and sound.

He seemed genuine enough to me

mrh86

I've bought things of him in the past. Took nearly 3 weeks for him to send them, but he EVENTUALLY did. Just hang on…

Andy

peteimpreza – Member
    Andy emails I have received from other members are not so encouraging.

🙄

Hope you get it sorted….

freeform5spot
    Free Member

hi

all stuff posted (apart from below), sorry for delays on some things.

spoon – money arrived, took 4 days in total!

Will ship out tomorrow with a Mars or other confectionery item attached as an apology!

Forks also out tomorrow, which is the last thing to post.

Haven't even had time to get bank to put cheques in for some of the things! 😯

peteimpreza

Do you have the tracking number for what you have sent me?

You agreed to send it recorded.

Also you had instant payment from myself which you acknowledged.

duckman

I have bought stuff from Peter G in the past, stuff does take a while to come,but is worth the wait.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

had a phonecall from the man himself this morning to ask for my address, I'm thinking more badly organised than decietfull.

njee20
    Free Member

Haven't even had time to get bank to put cheques in for some of the things

Presumably that's meant to garner sympathy? It's a fair assumption that if you advertise a whole load of stuff you will have to do a fair few trips around, if you don't have the time, hold off advertising it…

eth3er
    Free Member

Bloody hell I have to get the pitchforks out again? Righteous indignation gets tiring after a while.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What njee20 said, don't advertise stuff for sale without having the time to administer the sales.

njee20
    Free Member

Sorry eth3er, I just thought that was an odd thing to say! A trip or two to the bank out of 20 odd parts sold is expected!

peteimpreza

Stuff arrived today and is as advertised.

Also arrived today was the stuff I bought off any STW user on Sunday.

Shame the first guy could not act as the second chap did.

Kal
    Free Member

Yeah i have been waiting for the forks as they were supposed to have been posted Friday!
    Was starting to worry but now i'm a bit more at ease again!!

Kal
    Free Member

Forks have arrived this morning and are as described if not better!!

Need to work on you communication though!!! Had me worried for a while!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Did you buy from this ad?’ is closed to new replies.