Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Did that really just happen?
  • mashr

Possibly the most important and/or far reaching events in the lifetime of many (most?) of the members of this forum, and the thread has been closed?!

I was going to send an email but feel this is more “open letter” territory. Surely the moderators should be moderating rather than just closing the whole thing??

BikePawl
    Free Member

Yep, but to be fair it’s 6 o’clock on a Friday night and who’d want to sort through that lot

blokeuptheroad

Agreed.  2 or 3 people wrecking it for everyone.

Edited to remove poor taste attempt at humour. Soz.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Surely the moderators should be moderating rather than just closing the whole thing??

There aren’t that many hours in the day.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Hopefully it will be re-opened after a cooling off period…

leffeboy

I hope so.  Apart from a few folks under a bit of stress it was a good source of input from a wider range than the normal media.  I got a little annoyed by the ‘this is a good article’ links without any info on why it’s a good article but that’s just me and I’ll get over myself soon

Hope it gets revived at some point

mashr

There aren’t that many hours in the day.

And yet other forums (I’d imagine 99.9% of the worlds forums have a thread on it) are managing just fine

Hopefully it will be re-opened after a cooling off period…

That would make more sense, but then taking 10seconds to type that out would be helpful

BruceWee

They had no choice but to go to the nuclear option.

Edit to add: Even if they do re-open it, I’m getting drunk and listening to music so knock yourselves out.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Probably best that it’s closed for the night. It was getting quite nasty as it was, and there’s a few that often post mental stuff on a Friday night after a few beers.

airvent
    Free Member

Why not open your own forum, pay for it, dedicate your own free time on a Friday evening to moderating it then take shit off people who don’t like the way you do it?

Just a thought.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah that was my main source of tweets about crazy Ukranian civilians stealing tens of millions of dollars worth of military hardware.

Should’ve just warned or temporarily banned the arguers I reckon. Hope it re-opens later.

onehundredthidiot

Was getting personal for a couple of posters. Weirdly most others ignored the silliness and carried on. Surprised just the protagonists didn’t receive a time out.

leffeboy

Just a thought

It’s also exactly the sort of thought that got the thread closed 🙁

dyna-ti

it was a good source of input from a wider range than the normal media

It was full of wild and hysterical speculation and argument. All other sources of info were easy to find on google.

onehundredthidiot

Wow, irony in “paying” for it.

mashr

It was full of wild and hysterical speculation and argument. All other sources of info were easy to find on google.

Discussion about current events on a public forum – madness

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’m surprised it’s still in the news tbh. Back to bickering about whether Boris Johnson knowingly accepted a birthday cake made with sexist eggs.

You’re going to have to narrow down which thread you’re talking about.

blokeuptheroad

It was full of wild and hysterical speculation and argument.

[MODS – We’ll reopen it in a while, having given everyone a chance to calm down. When it reopens, don’t waste it.]

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Did that really just happen?’ is closed to new replies.