Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • did my first triathlon yesterday
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Legs wouldn't coordinate for the first half a mile – most odd

That feeling you get the for the first few steps…your body screaming WTF as the soles of your feet hit a hard surface and you nearly crumpling…Jeez, it was horrible. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Never done a pool tri. Training in a pool bores me to tears. I cant imagine racing in a pool is much different.

I agree, thought I'd try one, plus a 500m pool swim will be over in less than 8 minutes, I wouldn't fancy doing an Ironman pool swim!

david_r
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

Never done a pool tri. Training in a pool bores me to tears. I cant imagine racing in a pool is much different.

I agree, thought I'd try one, plus a 500m pool swim will be over in less than 8 minutes, I wouldn't fancy doing an Ironman pool swim!

True. Strangly the UK double IM though is pool based! Sticking needles in your testicles would be more fun IMHO. I lose count after about 5 lengths!! I'd be in there all day.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I too have a problem counting lengths in a pool. Just completely lose my memory. That and the boredom and chlorine which often gives me sinusitis. And people crashing into you. Grrrr…

supercyril
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good training book to help me prepare for my first tri? Hopefully going to do the durty tri this year but i havent had a specific plan.
    Thanks

njee20
    Free Member

Run lots, swim lots, cycle lots.

This may well be good, the MTB version certainly is.

oldgit
    Free Member

Pool based Tris were always miserable and staggered which was dull.

Sadly the Ironman I did had the swim slightly reduced because of the very low temperature, and this was before wetsuits. It was so cold we had to have a quick medical before we carried on. And we were given hot Ribena as we came out, which I threw straight over my shoulder as my arms hadn't calmed down.
    Anyway I met someone from here who was training for the Ironman and he became pretty shitty when I told him I had done one, I told him about the swim and he then told me that technically then I had never done an an Ironman and was literally prodding me to make me admit I'd never done one. He was a twunt.

njee20
    Free Member

He sounds like it.

The staggered thing doesn't really appeal to me, I think I'd be much more inclined to push myself if I knew where I was in the standings. I'll see on Sunday I guess, but I'm sure I'd be spurred on by being around the quicker runners.

oldgit
    Free Member

The appeals totally gone for me as well. When I did that event I'd also been racing road, done marathons, ultras you name it I did it. So I decided to have a rest.
    That rest lasted years, I smoked, drank and got fat. Never want to be there again and I'm still fat.

supercyril
    Free Member

"Run lots, swim lots, cycle lots".

Thanks njee20 never thought of that.

Are you a full time coach?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘did my first triathlon yesterday’ is closed to new replies.