Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Did I see Mark Cavendish in the Peak District today?
  • gus
    Free Member

LOL Joxster that makes you the best water carrier on here!

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Aha! Yes. Yesterday on the back road from Glossop to the Woodhead Pass or Holme Moss as it crosses the TPT.

Cool having a personal backup service, wondered if they would carry my 3.5 litres of drink, food, spares etc 🙂

gwaelod
    Free Member

Taylor Phinney puts some of his rides on strava

http://app.strava.com/pros/110144

he notches up a few KOM now and again

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Joxster – Member

Four years as a water carrier for a small team in France during the 80’s

Chapeau.

jonba
    Free Member

I wish I could climb as badly as Cav or even sprint as badly as Contador or Time Trial as badly as the Schlecks

brakes
    Free Member

but can he do the Werewolf Drop at Cannock?

scotty38
    Free Member

Joxster – Member

Four years as a water carrier for a small team in France during the 80’s

Go on then Joxster give us old boys a bit of a clue, what club did you ride for before you left…

monsteryeti
    Free Member

My Dad (68) is on a training weekend in the Peaks in prep for his LE JoG ride this May with http://www.peak-tours.com

If CAV was looking a little grey, like he loves Red wine a bit too much and believed that Ginsters are energy bars then it coudl have been my old Man! 😉

Crell
    Free Member

and believed that Ginsters are energy bars

Are you trying to shatter my carefully planned fuelling strategy?

Joxster
    Free Member

System U

rob
    Free Member

Graham Jones ?

Joxster
    Free Member

No and not Wayne Bennington either, rode with the feeder team MVCD and then as a stagier.

frenhtony
    Free Member

Joxster
    System U? Don’t tell me you carried water for Fignon? I remeber watching cycling as a kid and System U was an awesome team. You got out before it turn into Castorama?

gus
    Free Member

System U – a small team in France during the 80’s!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Time for some research [/url]

markwalker
    Free Member

he climb alp duex , more than i could do.

scotty38
    Free Member

Joxster – Member

System U

Sorry, I meant UK club before you left for France. We’re making an assumption you’re British which of course you may not be….

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

he was out again today i got a nod off him near macc forest area – same jersey and moped following with spare wheels on…..was really really bizarre seeing him, he was attacking the toughest climbs around there….

bizarre seeing him on his own more than anything, would have expected him to have a team of riders pushing him along, but he was just cruising along in his own world…

donsimon
    Free Member

Another big training day coming up today, as yesterday. You know it’s a long one when your following scooter has to stop to refuel!

😀

Joxster
    Free Member

Rode for City of Edinburgh before moving to France when I was 16. Roomed with Charly Mottet and Vincent Barteau, spent 4 years riding myself in to the gutter.

will
    Free Member

That’s a great quote Don Simon lol

warton
    Free Member

Don Simon, define ‘shit climber’. Shit compared to Contador, undoubtably. Shit compared to 99.9% of the cyclists in the world? I’d say definitely not.

IainGillam
    Free Member

If I was Mark Cavendish, upon reading this thread I’d probably bet a vast amount of money I wouldn’t be beaten in any hill climb by a non pro. When someone of the “In the Cavendish can’t climb” school of thought took the bait I’d probably organise said hill climb and either: Shortly after beginning, don a smoking jacket and ride past other cyclist whilst lighting a pipe/ ride side by side with the opposer, have a domestique deliver a tuba and do a quick re-enactment of the family guy scene with stewie and the fat guy/ dress as a clown and race on a bike with tiny wheels/ give the opposer a scooter and draft it like a derny pacer shouting allez! allez! before putting the hammer down and passing it.

(Un)Fortunately I’d imagine Mr Cavendish is a little more gracious than I, so we’ll never get to see the spectacle of a naysayer being blown into the weeds up a dirty big climb, by the world champ riding up no handed whilst playing the tuba.

By way of a point to this post, I’d imagine he’s actually quite handy up a hill…

Iain

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

@OW was that you talking to my partner? Freehub/pawls had gone on her bike. Second time Cav has passed me this weekend!!!

scotty38
    Free Member

Joxster – Member

Rode for City of Edinburgh before moving to France when I was 16. Roomed with Charly Mottet and Vincent Barteau, spent 4 years riding myself in to the gutter.

SP by any chance and tricking us with the “jockster” name?

Or no trick and you’re EA?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

PRO AS F0OK

Tom-B
    Free Member

kingkong that is a fookin wicked picture! Consider this, Cav was quicker than the winner of L’Etape (which was won by a recent pro and plenty of UK pros rode it too) on the corresponding Tour stage. I know that he had the benefit of the bunch to shelter in, but whilst he isn’t a ‘climber’ by Pro Tour standards he is still immense.

When he rode the Tour of Britain last, he was one of about 20 or so riders that forced the selection on the relatively hilly second stage around staffordshire-the rest, including all but a couple of domestic pros just couldn’t handle the pace. As others have said, you don’t get up the Poggio and win MSR without being a bit special!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

When he rode the Tour of Britain last, he was one of about 20 or so riders that forced the selection on the relatively hilly second stage around staffordshire-the rest

I think I recall Cav saying the TOB route was revisiting a climb that made him cry when he was a novice Pro!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah it was….Gunn Hill near Leek [stw riding god mode] it isn’t too hard a climb tbh [stw riding god mode/]

scruff
    Free Member

I watched the TOB come up the biggest hill by my house and they didn’t even notice it.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m sure that they did notice you scruff, they were probably just too busy racing to show it.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Did I see Mark Cavendish in the Peak District today?’ is closed to new replies.