Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Did I receive what I ordered? SLX v. Deore LX
  • timmys

I ordered a SLX 36T chainring and what came from the shop was labelled Deore LX. I’m not sure if it’s just strange Shimano packaging (there’s no “SLX” check box) or old stock. What do you reckon?

Tiboy

Looks like old stock to me, the SLX ones have steel teeth on a composite body, like this…

Simon

Looks like old stock.
    I use steel Deore middle rings, cheap and they seem to last well.

cookeaa

EH? bit of stamped aluminium with some shift pins maybe…

composite my arse….

SLX effectivly replaced LX probably just shimano using up old packaging…

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Im pretty sure its only the 32T you get in composite form. The bigger 36T are alloy only. Someone with an SLX double and bash chinset will be able to confirm.

timmys

I guess I should say I was after an outer ring for a double and bash set up rather than a middle ring. Looking at it further the sticker on the back says FC-M665 & Y1KG98050 which does match up with it being the outer ring for the SLX double and bash set-up and would explain why it looks different to the SLX middle ring above. Still strange it’s labelled as Deore LX.

http://cycle.shimano-eu.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/FC/EV-FC-M665-2818_v1_m56577569830646651.pdf

EDIT: Too slow!

mildred

Bigdug is correct about the composite being only on the 32 teeth middle ring from the triple setup.

Tiboy

Fair enough, I stand corrected! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Did I receive what I ordered? SLX v. Deore LX’ is closed to new replies.