Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Did everyone just dodge the wind this weekend?
  • jekkyl

Went out to do a loop in the White Peak starting from Longnor after dark on Friday. My mate was supposed to be coming along but he bailed 2hrs before and after some hesitation about getting out in the wild in that weather in the dark on my own I thought **** it and did it anyway.
    The wind didn’t hamper my progress much, always seemed to be at my side or my back. The little road that goes past Chrome is great fun at speed. Other parts were more hard going.

Cheezpleez

Got the train from Dorking to Amberley on Friday morning then rode along the Downs to Hove, with a tailwind at least some of the way. Checked out the stormy sea then had some lunch and fought the headwind along the coast to Ferring before heading inland and off-road to Gumber bothy, where we spent the night. Rode home mainly off road on Saturday, with some wind assistance but through a lot of Wealden clag. About 90 miles all-in.

Woke up on Sunday to a beautiful day for a ride. And no chance of getting one.

Cheezpleez

Oh, and we had a close encounter with a white hart and his harem. Spectacular.

roverpig

Thanks @paladin I tried bearing right shortly before the fallen trees, but obviously took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up hiking through a steep dense forest. There was another option to bear right before the trees then bear left, which brought me to a steep grassy bank that would be fun if it hadn’t been so slippery. Is that the way I should have gone?

birky
    Free Member

Lundie Craigs (again), horrible headwind on the road out

Marin
    Free Member

Rode in the Clwyds headwind first half tail wind on way back. Felt like a very long 13 miles! Lashed it down just as we got sat in the van with a brew. Winner!

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Hid from the wind on Saturday, sent it on Sunday.

Sent it on Sunday

tony-d
    Free Member

Managed to get out and do 15miles up over the garth mountain, through the woods down through gwaelod and back home along the taff trail. I was going to do a loop of castle coch too but the wind was giving me a pasting, headwind all the way home!

Akers

Rode Surrey Hills on Saturday morning. Gusts of 50+ mph were forecast, but on the sheltered and wooded hillsides it wasn’t that noticeable.

DezB
    Free Member

Managed to persuade Jr off his Xbox for a quick go round QE Park and the car park was very windy..! Not a breath of it on the trails in the trees though.
    My god it did us good, getting out.

cokie

Cycled Bristol to Bath & back on Saturday. No wind or rain.
    Lovely ride actually. None of the 45mph+ winds forecast.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I went to Anglesey to go sea kayaking:

paladin

roverpig

Subscriber
    Thanks @paladin I tried bearing right shortly before the fallen trees, but obviously took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up hiking through a steep dense forest. There was another option to bear right before the trees then bear left, which brought me to a steep grassy bank that would be fun if it hadn’t been so slippery. Is that the way I should have gone?

new deviation is just before where the old descent dropped down the north side of the hill to the fireroad, so if you come to the fallen trees youve gone about 50m too far down the trail, it just cuts around the west side of the fallen trees. Alternatively, you can continue east past the fallen trees, and drop down behind the shooting range

roverpig

Ah, right, I missed that option altogether then. I’ll look out for it next time. Thanks.

kayla1
    Free Member

Yesterday morning was the first time we’d had a blast out in just over a week. Relief doesn’t begin to cover it!

frazchops
    Free Member

For me the issue wasn’t wind but soggy soggy snow… still fun though.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Did everyone just dodge the wind this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.