Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Did anyone receive a new frame they were not expecting today?
  • cubist
    Free Member

DPD appear to have left my nice shiny new frame at the wrong address. Mucking fuppets.

It’s a long shot but did anyone take delivery of a Orange Clockwork 29 Evo frame? 🙂

trap6
    Free Member

They done that too me(D.ontP.ostD.irectly),@ the risk of causing more alarm it ended up two streets away,luckily where he dropped were very kind and honest,I managed too get hold of the driver in the end by phone and gave him both barrels,thing is it had my address on?and we were in,work that one out???
    Edit:It was an Orange p7
    Oh,that was an Orange too!!
    Hope you manage too get hold of it,Goodluck!!

cubist
    Free Member

I have just heard back apparently they mistook my office building for a 2 bed terrace house 15 minute drive away in a rough end of town. Its not like a its a small box to ‘accidentally’ take delivery and sign for. I guess someone thinks that they have had rather a stroke of luck and been given a free frame, they haven’t contacted DPD yet and did sign for it. Its probably already in cash converters.

trap6
    Free Member

Hold tight OP,these things do take a different turn all of a sudden,be sure too keep up with the emails too dpd also inform frame supplier what’s happening which I’m sure you will have,log all contact details and screen shots of delivery updates if possible.
    GL.

rilem

You have not received the goods that the supplier contracted to have delivered. It is up to them to fulfill the contract, why spend your time sorting out their problem?

Poopscoop

What a bunch of Muppets!

batfink
    Free Member

I had this recently with Amazon. The record showed that it was delivered to my address, and that somebody signed it. Driver was adamant that he had delivered it to the correct address.

Suddenly you are in a situation where all the documentation shows that it was delivered to you (and the driver says it was) – all you’ve got is your own statement that you didn’t receive it.

The only way that they could figure out where it actually went was by looking at the driver’s GPS unit…. lo and behold, handed over to some random bloke about a mile away – not even the same street/house number.

If it wasn’t for the GPS, I would have basically been told that I was lying, and that would have been the end of it.

cubist
    Free Member

Quick update – It seems my assumption that most people are dishonest was misplaced. I had a call from a lady saying “This is going to sound a strange question, but were you expecting a bike to be delivered today?” Seems her husband took delivery on his way out the door and she was expecting a T-Shirt that she had bought online, she was rather surprised that it was in such a large box…

Trimix
    Free Member

So you can cancel the order for a set of Bombers then.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Result!

dmorts

Hope it all works out. Strange how couriers vary with regions, DPD are by far the best courier around here. Same driver for every delivery too.

confused58

My local DPD driver is a twunt of the 1st order.
    I also ordered a frame, tracked him to about 100 yards of my house, waited at the door then got a “you were not in message”…found him making his next delivery, after a “debate” I got the frame off him.
    2 weeks later the same thing happened with a phone delivery, except the message was that he could not deliver as there were no contact details on the parcel and he was now on the motorway back to the depot, eventually collected it from a drop off point, address and phone number were correct…dick!

soundninjauk

Emails from Amazon saying ‘package handed to resident’ when I’ve been home all day and haven’t been handed anything are pretty infuriating and those aren’t for anything like as expensive as a bike frame. Glad the unintended recipient did a better job than the courier!

Nobby

Had minor issues with all of ’em but Amazon are the worst. Every time we argue about whether the delivery had been made/attempted I offer CCTV footage to prove my point, they relent & arrange a replacement/redelivery.

The only time they actually wanted the footage was when their driver left 5 packages Mrs Nobby had ordered on our doorstep a few weeks before Xmas that weren’t there when we got home. It clearly showed what their driver did & the two hoody & scarf wearing yoofs that nicked the lot. Again, they replaced everything.

cubist
    Free Member

In my experience DPD are normally the best, however, the competition isn’t exactly tough. I think half the issue is the owner driver business model. That certainly accounts for the variability between areas. I read that My Hermes pay their drivers by the “successful delivery” so they are personally out of pocket every time they have to return. Probably goes someway to explaining why they consider front doorsteps, wheelie bins and my hedge to be a “safe place”.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

If they drop the parcel with anyone but you and someone else has signed if (and you haven’t given the company express permission for someone else to sign for it), surely – in the case of theft they do not have a leg to stand on?

winston
    Free Member

In these situations it is almost always the shop that gets stitched up. Getting compensation out of a courier is harder than blood from a stone. Think about anytime you have dealt with trying to locate a parcel wrongly delivered and then add in trying to get money paid out for losing it and you have a recipe for a lot of frustrating time spent on hold.

But the customer can rightly just ask for money back or another product to be sent

raybanwomble
    Free Member

My Commencal frame turned up completely openeded, all the heavy duty cut off – no Customs notice – I suspect that DPD were either trying to work out if I had an airshock or someone wanted to know what was in it so that they could pinch it.

I never found out what happened, customs and DPD denied everything – luckily the frame wasn’t damaged.

On the whole, delivery companies in London are staffed by thieving scrotes.

Nobby

Getting compensation out of a courier is harder than blood from a stone.

Yep, although most seem to operate under RHA conditions of carriage these days which limits their liability to something like £1,300 per tonne!

hooli

I have had 3 parcels recently where I got a txt or email letting me know that the driver has left my parcel in the porch. Which would be great, if I had a porch!

1 was left on the doormat in plain view of the road and the other 2 had been dropped at random houses in the road with no card through the door telling me which house.

bigyinn
    Free Member

DHL are the only one I seem to ever have issues with. I quite often order stuff from Euro Car Parts and their courier is DHL.
    I’ve had two order requrie 2-4 delivery attempts before they actually manage to catch me when Im in.
    Except that I’ve actually had the stuff sent to the office and Im there at the time. I suspect they cant park in the layby at the office and rather than try again or park round the courner they just claim that I was out.
    Bunch of arse!

wynne
    Free Member

Can’t wait til drones are in charge of everything.

donkeysled

Cubist. You obviously apologised to the poor person in the bog standard 2 bed terrace at the low end of town for getting your frame back.
    Putting people down and disgracefully lumping everyone in a poorer part of town as thieves.
    Thankfully you have found that your assumptions are not true.
    Good that you got your frame back.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Surely there’s an opportunity for a courier reciept service?

Think Amazon lockers, local collect and what have you but no size limit and acccepts all goods from any courier. Nominal fee for reciept, bish bash bosh.

Poopscoop

Glad it worked out in the end op.👍

tinybits
    Free Member

I’ll admit that normally I get pretty good service from any courier, however the idiot Amazon muppet who delivered a 40” tv, in its normal standard Samsung box and just left it on my driveway as a ‘safe place’ in the sodding rain takes the biscuit. What a twonk!

Oh, and the postman who left my kids xmas pressie in the wheely bin on bin day was pretty special too!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone receive a new frame they were not expecting today?’ is closed to new replies.