Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Did anyone lose a GPS thingy at Mayhem?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I know it were a couple of weeks ago, but what happened was, I found one in the mud on the course, meant to hand it in to organisers then it disappeared thought ittud fallen out of my pocket or something.

Found it the other day in my washing machine. 😳 Mustuv bin in amongst my stuff.

Anyway, the good news is, that after leaving it on the window sill to hopefully dry out, it appears to be ok. 😀

I have left a message with Mayhem bods.

If it’s yours, then you’ll need to give me your email and I can ask you specific questions about it, then return it.

Stoner
    Free Member

if its a garmin when you turn it on there might be a splash screen with owners details. My Foretrex 205 certainly has.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve downloaded some software to use it with my Mac, and I have a fairly good idea where the owner lives. Only from the route data though, there don’t seem to be any other info.

Not heard owt from Mayhem bods though.

shedfull
    Free Member

If you go to http://connect.garmin.com there might be tracks that match the ones in the device uploaded by the owner. It might help to narrow it down a bit.

I once spent 3 nights trying to find the owner of a Forerunner 305 from the tracks recorded in it. He’d moved house since the first track was recorded but I found his new place eventually, at 10:30pm on a winter’s night. I woke him up hammering on his door but he was glad to get the Forerunner back. I was treated to a free trial of the 305 while I was tracing him and was so impressed with it, I bought one.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good idea shedfull; I’ll give that a go. Thanks.

arthurcrabstick
    Free Member

Good Karma all round…….

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

And if you still can’t find the owner it’s obviously destined to be yours 😉

Good work on trying to find the owner though 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bump.

Anybody, no? Dust.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone lose a GPS thingy at Mayhem?’ is closed to new replies.