Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Did anyone else watch the Charlie Hebdo documentary on the BBC?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Horrific and sobering

Terrible, terrible business 😥

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks for PSA will catch it on iPlayer. Suitably forewarned about content.

myopic
    Free Member

I found it very harrowing

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    birky
    Free Member

Yes, grim viewing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

There was an interview with the widow of the police officer on last evening (French TV) I couldn’t understand it all but she was quite critical of the level of security and the fact her husband was alone amd armed with only a handgun given the repeated threats and past attacks on CH.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks. A lot of new information we where not aware of and we watch a lot of new (wife is from Paris). The interviews where very telling.

Outstanding documentary

Mr_C
    Free Member

Fascinating insight.

Did anyone else notice the woman walking the little white dog in front of the hypercacher as the staff member escaped through the side door? How on earth did she get there and how did she fail to spot the dozens of police pointing guns in her direction?

toppers3933
    Free Member

I watched this last night and thought the same about the woman with the dog. She seemed to be just standing there watching them all. I do wonder what was going through her mind.
    A very compelling documentary if quite graphic at times.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s quite easy to stumble into the scene of a crime or atrocity without realising. Many people have their brains in neutral anyway.

Edukator
    Free Member

You should watch a little more local TV, Jambalaya, rather than all this sensationalist foreign rubbish. There were a series of interviews on TF1 last night including the guy taken hostage in Hyper Cacher.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I found it interesting but I can’t say I was particularly shocked by it. If governments think they can just go and bomb the heck out of people with impunity then obviously they are deluded. But there again it’s not usually politicians whose necks are directly on the firing line.

I’m not condoning terrorism but what the US/UK et al get up to at times amounts to nothing more than state-sponsored terrorism. I wonder if the people of Iraq feel they are better off without Saddam Hussein now?

The West have been destabilising/undermining the Middle East for decades now and we are reaping the benefit of all that meddling now. Failing to learn from history and all that…

Watch The Power of Nightmares if you can.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The West have been destabilising/undermining the Middle East for decades now and we are reaping the benefit of all that meddling now.

Or have a look at Saudi and Iran and how to completely kick off without any influence from the West.

The whole area is a powderkeg, if you think that’s our doing then you are crackers.

Mind you, if you think bombing Syria will fix it, you are still crackers.

It’s a lot more complicated than that.

Edukator
    Free Member

I’m crackers. Just who drew all those lines in the sand years back? Who created the state of Israel in 48? Who paid for the oil and allowed unsustainable economies to develop in the desert? Who invaded the place repeatedly to maintain control of the oil? Who sold all the arms?

It’s very much our doing. Where would Saudi be without the 50/50 oil deal and the vast wealth it handed to a Iban Saud?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone else watch the Charlie Hebdo documentary on the BBC?’ is closed to new replies.