Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Diane Abbot’s Son – Charged with biting a Police Officer.
  • Premier Icon jamj1974

Whilst I respect paramedics and ambulance drivers which I assume Drac is.
    However their job is responding to emergencies and transporting patients, they Are not involved much more than that.

Hardly.  Couldn’t be more wrong.

Premier Icon mooman
    Free Member

Ok .. it going down the usual STW lines of taking sides and forgetting facts.
    So thats my last comment. Hold onto whatever ignorant views you have.

Premier Icon AD

I know this a mile OT but I’m once again loving moomans work.
    Having a pop about ignorance whilst describing paramedics as ambulance drivers.
    Chapeau sir.

Premier Icon Drac

Mooman is Dr helper he just carries meds in those little pots and makes tea and toast.

Premier Icon thegreatape

It is my opinion – that the Police are quick to identify the nature of an incident as mental health .. even when psychiatrists will explain it is a behavioural presentation. Hence why hospitals may take the extreme measure of locking doors, which is likely a position of making the Police claim responsibility instead of dumping it (excuse the language) onto health.

Just going to have you put you down as completely clueless then.

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

Yh mooman seems to have lost his digestives along with his marbles but not his interwebbed balls

Anyway what was this topic I entered into reading 🤣

Premier Icon RustySpanner

I know every single Police Officer in one particular local town, on a first name basis.

Why?

Because I used to look after a young lad with severe mental health and learning disabilities.
    Every couple of days he’d do a runner.
    We could not lock him in or restrain him as he was deemed to have capacity.

Local mental health services wouldn’t deal with him because they said he had learning disabilities. LD team said he had mental health issues.
    The company I worked for couldn’t give a shit as long as the local authority kept paying the bills.

Guess who ended up having to deal with him?
    Yep, the Police.
    They were very understanding but completely sick of the issue. They just don’t have the resources to deal with this and neither does anyone else.

We are facing a genuine shitstorm of a crisis in mental health services.
    Unless you have experience of this I can understand if you think I’m exaggerating.
    I’m not.

Premier Icon boomerlives
    Free Member

So its just lucky that she’s a black woman too?

It’s irrelevant; of no consequence.

But still latched onto by some to distract from how crap she is. The colour of her skin can’t exclude her from criticism.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Wow, this has gone a bit haywire

I personally think Abbott doesn’t have a full grasp of her portfolio, but the fact that she is a black woman is why she attracts so much hate and vitriol compared to the incompetent white male politicians.

And as I’m married to a social worker who will be travelling 60 miles tomorrow to visit a child in the “nearest” suitable mental health unit, some people really have no idea the pressures our frontline public services are under

Premier Icon Northwind

taxi25

Mostly she’s criticised for her competence and the policies she supports.

boomerlives

Subscriber

But still latched onto by some to distract from how crap she is. The colour of her skin can’t exclude her from criticism.

Kind of fascinating that you’ve both managed to take a post about abuse and rewrite it as “criticism”.

Premier Icon jamj1974

I personally think Abbott doesn’t have a full grasp of her portfolio, but the fact that she is a black woman is why she attracts so much hate and vitriol compared to the incompetent white male politicians.

Very much this…

Premier Icon baboonz
    Free Member

Maybe she attracts hate for similar reasons that corbyn does? It seems that free brexit and two elections done of you haven’t learnt a thing.

Premier Icon Northwind

baboonz

Maybe she attracts hate for similar reasons that corbyn does?

Yep, he’s also a black woman.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

Although he hides it well

Premier Icon Northwind

That’s why he has the beard

Premier Icon tjagain

So I will back Drac and Thegreatape up as well

I am a nurse with 40 years experience, I have worked alongside both police and paramedics looking after detainees. I know who has the right side of this argument. Mental health services are absolutely in crisis and its getting worse. Its the police and paramedics who get to deal with what is missed.

I remember once a man who was arrested because he was obviously having a psychotic episode. Detained by police, no mental health beds in the city at all of any type. He needed hospital, he spent the weekend in a police cell simply because of the shortage of mental health care available.

I could list many similar instances

Premier Icon Drac

I am a nurse with 40 years experience,

Premier Icon tjagain

OI! 🙂

Premier Icon jamj1974

I am a nurse with 40 years experience, I have worked alongside both police and paramedics looking after detainees. I know who has the right side of this argument. Mental health services are absolutely in crisis and its getting worse. Its the police and paramedics who get to deal with what is missed.

I remember once a man who was arrested because he was obviously having a psychotic episode. Detained by police, no mental health beds in the city at all of any type. He needed hospital, he spent the weekend in a police cell simply because of the shortage of mental health care available.

I could list many similar instances

It is stretched beyond breaking point. In our families experience – it runs off the goodwill of the staff. They do more and putting up with more than they should have to. We make a good deal of sacrifices at home to deal with this.

Premier Icon pondo

Our nearest trust asked for volunteers to help out in A&E – breaks my heart how many responses were based around “you just want free labour” instead of “how the **** have we got to the point of needing volunteers to help in A&E?”

I’ve volunteered.

Premier Icon jamj1974

Our nearest trust asked for volunteers to help out in A&E – breaks my heart how many responses were based around “you just want free labour” instead of “how the **** have we got to the point of needing volunteers to help in A&E?”

Exactly.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

I hear what jamj1974 says about staff family sacrifices. I went part time partly to ensure the kids had a parent around to make sure they had clothes and food, and the number of times I’ve seen the look of disappointment on their faces as mum announces that she can’t do what she said she would with them

Premier Icon boomerlives
    Free Member

Kind of fascinating that you’ve both managed to take a post about abuse and rewrite it as “criticism”.

It’s kind of weird you’ve taken a thread about her son biting a cop and turned her into the victim.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

And it’s kind of weirder that you equate racist abuse as criticism. Nobody is saying she can’t be criticised, what is being said is that she shouldn’t be abused. They are 2 completely different things.

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.