DialledBikes Alpine 17″/23″ for sale

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • DialledBikes Alpine 17″/23″ for sale
  • smurfbiker

Not much else to say really! In good nick, fairly well-ridden but not a mark on it apart from normal wear-and-tear (e.g. a few slight scuffs/scratches on the laquer from getting on/off ski lifts etc).

If you are looking for one these frames, you’ll already know they are absolutely and utterly bombproof anyway, so no worries there!

This one has only ever been used for trailriding, i.e. not for jumps/drops etc.

see dialledbikes site for more details.

Will accept any sensible offer. Can send photos etc if needed!

desf

pics please: desmtbATgmailDOTcom

Ta.

smurfbiker

bloomin heck that was quick off the mark!

ok, just popping into garage now, camera at the ready!

VassagoJay

Pics please, also what size of rider is the 17″ suited to ?

I_Ache

smurfrider Ill give you £100 for it already offered on another thread but thats my limit and the HT I want the most in my size.

stompy

ooooo la la….. Pics and a ball park figure please 😀

tomouse.j@googlemail.com

cheers

VassagoJay

Hi

Just realised that i did not have a visible email attached, now been added 🙂
    No idea what to offer so some idea of what your after if possible.

Why you selling ? just out of curiosity 😉

smurfbiker

wow! more interest than Id thought. 🙂 It is a damn good frame, I have to say.

OK, I hate this haggling business. Bearing in mind that they are (were) £360 new, but you cant even get them any more because they are sold out in all but the smallest of sizes so I understand…..(oh and the fact that they besically dont wear out, EVER!)

…..I had in my mind that someone out there would prob be willing to pay at least 50% of the new price, posted. Or am I way off the mark there?

photos being emailed right now, as requested.

VassagoJay

I’d take it for £180 posted, let me know.

I_Ache

I take it thats my offer rejected then?

Well if thats the case and you change your mind my email is in my profile and I can pay by bank transfer or paypal tomorrow morning.

smurfbiker

OK to answer the q’s

size? Im 6ft. 34″ inner leg.

Depends if you want really compact, or just quite compact geometry (even the largest one is still compact / fairly slack geometry!)

If the latter, Id say this frame would do you (i.e. if you want to ride it xc…with the seat right up that is….as well as dh)

if you want it just for dh, or for tricks or whatever, prob best to go for a smaller frame.

Selling because I just have too many bikes and no time to ride them all! I actually now have another DB alpine (fully built up that is)……in the slightly shorter frame size, and for DH trailriding use only whilst abroad, so this one is quite clearly surplus to requirements! (I now prefer full-suss xc bikes thesedays for uk xc trails).

Alright, to be honest I can’t really justify to myself a genuine reason for not just sticking with this frame and buying/selling so many bikes but hey, what can I say?! 😉

smurfbiker

Well, Im prob going to just let it go to the highest bidder (tonight that is). Hadnt expected so much interest to be honest, I thought itd be a one-on-one negociation!

By the way, sorry, I missed your reply on an earlier thread – havent worked out how to do the email notifications on this new forum yet! Anyone help me with that?

VassagoJay

Im off out now, let me know if you accept my offer.

smurfbiker

VassagoJay just sent you the pics.

I’ll give it 30 mins or so, to see if desf or stompy get back to me having seen the pics. Gotta give them a fair chance!

But assuming you like the look of it from my pics, then yes its yours for £180 posted.

will check back in a bit….

stompy

Hey up chap, count me out of the bidding, can’t match Vassago’s bid….. cheers for the pics though, she’s a beauty 🙂

backhander

Just seen this….
    What colour is it?
    Actually pics to ndobbsie@msn.com if you please.
    Thanks

smurfbiker

ok backhander, photos sent. looks like its going to vassagojay unless someone else perks up quite soon!

smurfbiker

right, vassagoJay has changed his mind, so looks like we are back to square 1.

Any takers?

SlowJohn

smurf could you send me a photo pls Th3daycometh@hotmail.co.uk

SlowJohn

im 5,10″ inside leg 31″ would i fit?

ChrisA

pics to please, email in profile

I_Ache

smurf click on member next to your name on a post and your profile will come up giving your details and a list of the threads you have posted in. Click on the alpine questions thread thats where i posted. In your profile you can click edit and put in your email address. John it should fit you with an inline post and a short stem. And if you dont like it or its too small i will have it off you if i havnt got anything else sorted by then. Are you coming out tomorrow?.

smurfbiker

slowjohn

well, yes you would but as said before its more about personal preferences Id say. If you would normally ride a “Medium” xc-style sized frame then Id say this is a close approximation to that, but with much slacker geometry and corrected for long forks.

Leg length – no problem, the top tube is dropped soooo low at the seat tube so that standover height would be fine even for a midget!

However some dh-biased riders (myself included) prefer to have a much shorter top tube.

smurfbiker

or to put it a similar way it feels reasonably similar size-wise to a medium prince albert, and certainly a tad shorter on the reach than a size large prince albert.

really hard to make descriptive comparisons though, because there’s more too it than just that!

mildred

photos please to

m DOT megeary AT ntlworld DOT com

I_Ache

Have you sold this yet?

metal_leg

Assume its not sold yet? I have been considering going from two bikes to one and the alpine might be what Im after.

Pics to craigjpurcell YOUKNOWTHISBIT gmail DOT com

smurfbiker

nope, still not sold. Have had a few offers but nothing materialised.

Could anyone interested please ask me for the photos / and info you want FIRST before making an offer you aren’t serious about committing to. Otherwise it gets confusing and is just a waste of everyone’s time!

I_Ache

Well my cheaky offer of £100 still stands.

richc

could you send some photos to {mod – removed as requested}.

If it looks good, and you are happy posting it I will have it depending on the price

Premier Icon GavinB
    Subscriber

Smurf – I’ve got a mate who’ll bite your hand off for this bike. I’m mailing him the details now, so will hopefully get him to reply direct in a little while.

Premier Icon GavinB
    Subscriber

Hi Smurf,

Spoken to my mate, and he’s really keen as its just his size. Please can you mail him some details including colour, pics and also your location to wayne at wayne77 dot com

GEDA

Can you send some pictures if this is not sold to george(.)davy att
    gmail (.) com

CrispyCSW

If it’s still available, can you send pics to crispy5449 (at) gmail dot com.

Thanks

SlowJohn

smurf have you sold this yet could you send pics too th3daycometh@hotmail.co.uk cheers

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘DialledBikes Alpine 17″/23″ for sale’ is closed to new replies.