Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dialled Prince Albert
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Looking at the geo charts the BB is 12.76 inches. Is it really that high in real life with a 140mm fork? Seems pretty high to me and my fondness for low BBs, so what does that do to the handling? Makes it more nimble in a BMX way or does it just feel a bit perched until you get used to it?

Ta!

Rickos, I don’t recall anyone telling me they thought the Prince Albert’s BB was too high, but the new Prince Albert Classic will have a slightly lower 12.2″ BB height.

2POC

Mike any idea on the weight of the 853 classic yet – really tempted with this or a cotic soul….

Rickos
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply, Mike. So what handling differences would one expect from the old 12.76 inch BB height to the new 12.2 inch? Why would someone want a high BB over a low BB on a hardtail?

2POC, I don’t have an exact weight as I’ve never weighed a bike frame, but it should be very close to the 5lb mark (a tad lighter than the 725 version).

The main reason earlier/previous Prince Alberts had a slightly higher than normal BB was to minimise risk of pedal strikes on trail obstacles like rocks, etc. However, it seems that most of the popular hardtail frames these days have 12″ to 12.25″ BB heights and I’m not hearing a spate of moans about BB heights being too low, so it would seem my initial concerns weren’t that big a deal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Prince Albert’ is closed to new replies.