Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dialled PA not sure what to do.
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

I’ve had a PA for about a year and I don’t love it.
    I have a holeshot too and its the most fun bike I have ever had.
    That’s why I went for a PA, I wanted a XC version of the Holeshot.

Im not sure why but it just doesn’t fell right.
    Set up is Wide bars, short stem, 130mm fox floats, Dropper post.
    Riding on XC ride with some DH, drops, jumps.

So what to do?

1. Give it more time
    2. Try some thing new with the setup
    3. Get a Alpine (Mabye that’s what I should of gone for in the first place)
    4. try a different frame (slackline maybe)

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

you need to figure out what it is that isn’t right about it? What more were you hoping for? I wouldn’t buy another frame until you figure that out, otherwise it could be a frying pan/fire moment.

Northwind

Life’s too short for bikes you don’t love. Sometimes you’ll never know why it’s wrong, you just know it’s wrong. Other times it’s really obvous.

LoCo
    Free Member

adjusted for 130mm one? try 140mm fork.

I found they have a certain speed they need to be ridden at to ‘work’ if you tootling they can beat you up a bit as they’re quite stiff (depending on frame material)

My current classic is in winter trim with a similar spec. and has 130mm revs on (frame specced. for 120mm) and works quite nicely, being a touh unfit at the moment I am having to try and ride it as quick as possible to get it working, frame flexing and gliding over stuff or it feels a bit harsh. Hope that makes sense. 😀

Have also had a gen. 1 (4130)(?) and a gen. 2 (520) both which were 130mm spec. for forks and ran both at 140mm.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Sometimes you’ll never know why it’s wrong

Yep that the issue.

Have also had a gen. 1 (4130)(?) and a gen. 2 (520) both which were 130mm spec. for forks and ran both at 140mm.

Interesting is a 17″ frame and 725 tubing. The floats where 150mm and I have spaced them to 130mm, could try 140mm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dialled PA not sure what to do.’ is closed to new replies.