Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • dialled bikes
  • soobalias
    Free Member

it made me sad when they sold off the PAs, so it made me happy to read

”Updated versions of the legendary Prince Albert, Alpine and Holeshot mountain bike frames are currently in development “

if the next PA has a seat tube to take a nice dropper and 44mm headtube, i could be tempted

wiggles
    Free Member

Would love a 29er pa or maybe a 650b alpine

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Does this mean Mike’s moving to the states, or the company has different owners?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Mike is buying a pig farm in Kansas, plans to build a pump track there too.

duckman

Been in development for a year, don’t hold your breath. 😥

jambalaya
    Free Member

Still have my new PA Classic frame from 2012 in the bubble wrap 😳

Cool story about Kansas too, good luck to Mike

Kamakazie

Only just replaced a 2004 PA as my primary mountain bike. Brilliantly capable frames!

mogrim

Still ride my Kobe, in fact it’s still my (only) mountain bike. Good luck to Mike, good to see the business is still going 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Still riding my PA and have a cracked Ti MG frame hanging up in the garage 🙂

BillOddie

Good to hear Mike is still doing the MTB side of things.

I have a cracked (at seatclamp slot due to me running 2ft of post) Mk1 PA hanging in the garage and have very fond memories of that bike and the rides I did on it…aside from 1000s of kms of local rides and UK trips, it went to Canada (BC and Alberta inc the Chilcotins) and all round Europe (inc Alps, Pyrenees, Garda, Slovenia)

Somewhere above Lake Garda almost exactly 10 years ago…

I also have a Love/Hate frame hanging the garage that I really should get round to doing something with…

gringo

Love my PA Classic and my mk2 Alpine. Be interesting to see the new models.

All the best to Mike too, great guy!

ajantom

Loved my PA, sold it and replaced with an Alpine which I never gelled with for some reason. Also got a Love/Hate set up rigid with 27.5 wheels (rear just squeezes in with a 2.2 tyre on).

stevie750

ajantom – Member

Loved my PA, sold it and replaced with an Alpine which I never gelled with for some reason. Also got a Love/Hate set up rigid with 27.5 wheels (rear just squeezes in with a 2.2 tyre on).

Does it ride better with the 27.5 wheels in it?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Holeshot recently rebuilt.

air sprung Sektors spaced down to 100mm

1×10 (34t, 11-32)

Hope XC rear, Bulb front, EN521 rims.

Conti Supersonic tyres (race king?) and latex tubes

Stub of a thompson post and an old roadie saddle

Spesh enduro bar/stem

It’s gonna fly!

ajantom

Does it ride better with the 27.5 wheels in it?

For me, yes. Raises the BB by a little which is good round me as the trails are root’tastic. Got a 2.2 with quite minimal tread on the back, and a 2.3 WTB Vigilante on the front which comes up massive. With 80mm corrected rigid forks it feels spot on.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Still firmly in the Love camp on my Love/Hate.

highlandman
    Free Member

Took my (green, 2009?) Alpine around the Cairngorms last weekend; Blair Atholl, up the Tilt, Geldie, Feshie, Rothiemurchus & overnight at Glenmore Lodge. Then back through Ryvoan, Lairig an Laoigh, Derry, Geldie & Tilt. Yes, it’s still an amazing frame and the tool for the job; very happy days indeed. Big Minion tyres, small dropper post and a pair of fat coil Bomber 55Rs. So much quality singletrack and the grins are still with me. I do like that bike…..

soobalias
    Free Member

no clown wheels required, current pa can squeeze in a 27.5 if you absolutely have to be in the pocket of the marketing men.

the original geometry seems to suit everyone just fine,

i might just pester RS to do some more top end forks in 1&1/8″SS, the dropper is optional/fixable…… i could buy that thompson one couldnt i?

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’ve just had new wheels built up for my Mk 1 Alpine, and replaced my old Z1s with an air fork. Rode it last week and it’s still a lot of fun to ride but, now it’s lighter, the climbs aren’t quite such a slog!! Can’t see me ever replacing it.

nedrapier

i might just pester RS to do some more top end forks in 1&1/8″SS

Have you got some sway?

soobalias
    Free Member

at this point they have no idea who i am.

so my opening gambit, “do you know who i am?” seems solid. twitter/linkedin/facespace/email/phone call?

(recent service of my 2010 Revs has revealed some light wear on the LH stanchion :cry:)

rs
    Free Member

ah! good memories of my old Alpine, don’t think I could go back to it for my every day trail bike, my back took a bit of a kicking on it!

honourablegeorge

Teetosugars – Member
    Still firmly in the Love camp on my Love/Hate.

I liek that you stuck a lefty on just to make it extra marmitey

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Panny on the old Alpine. Loads of good memories on that bike. Ended up going round a few mates, think one of them used it for racing hardtail cat at enduros and did pretty well.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just about to take on the mega course; there it is, just to the left of the photo. Long forked hardtail FTW.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Happy memories of my 2009 PA.

jimmy

Loved my Alpine (mk1) just wanted something lighter at the time shoo sold it. If i still had it I’d be keeping it, but if they release a modern version I’ll be sorely tempted, as with the P7. So please don’t (but do).

LOL @ Mr Smith. A pump track would be nice, but not so sure about the pig farm.

Just to clear up a few things. I still own Dialled Bikes and I’m moving to live in America in August, which means Dialled Bikes is moving to America too. Hoping to have more time on my hands stateside to revive the brand and bring out some new frames (and continue building on the success of my BMX brand, FTB).

New Alpine and Prince Albert frames have already passed ISO tests at first attempt. Both are designed for 27.5″ wheels (will also take 27.5+). Official reveal should be at Interbike Cyclofest in October as it’s just down the road from where I will be living. Both frames will have the Reynolds 631 XX44 head tube, be dropper post compatible and have 142×12 rear ends.

It’s nice to know people loved riding the previous frames I designed and have great memories of riding them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mike all the best and keep us posted.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Good luck with your next venture Mike.
    And yeah, keep us in the loop.

goss
    Free Member

Had my Alpine back in 2012-2014. lovely bike, amazing fast descents I’ve taken on it and a 24h race too.
    Now converted to 29″ hardtail though.

psycorp
    Free Member

Keeping an eye on this. Currently mulling over a 650b+ build and although I’ve never owned one always liked the look of Dialled frames. Any idea of availability timescale?

chomp
    Free Member

happy to jump on the PA love bandwagon. Had a second hand one resprayed and loved it for the two years I had it.

One of the only bikes I really resent having sold.

Got 2 x 18″ Alpine samples today and hopefully Lovelo Cycle Works will be building them up as test/demo bikes within the next few weeks.

grahamt1980

Still got my second pa and love it. Only sold the first one on to a mate because i wanted a red one

iolo
    Free Member

If anyone’s got a small Love/Hate they no longer love I might be able to give it a home.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Still love my morning glory for ventures into the hills and I keep promising to build up my KObe Ti again.

sillyoldman

Billy Stupple on your team Mike? THE Billy Stupple? Ex-Skyway team?

Yes sillyoldman, it’s Billy Stupple the ex-Skyway factory team rider. And he’s still a rad rider at 50 years old.

sillyoldman

Nice. Still rocking big lookbacks out of sketchy quarters?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘dialled bikes’ is closed to new replies.